NU vs Baylor

Huskers 66-62 Final

NU made their free throws today and that was the difference. Huskers finish 8-8 in the Big 12 regular season, a great season compared to expectations at the beginning.

Up next Baylor again, in the Big 12 tourney and any hope of making the big dance. They have to be a lock for the NIT now and maybe even a home game especially if they get another W

If we would have won against A&M the win would have looked good

Well 9-7 would have looked good to the selection commitee, so we pretty much screwed ourselves with that loss. I still think we would had to gone on a good run in the Big 12 tourney to have been considered though.

Great job by Doc to take a very average undersized team to 8-8 in the Big 12. I just hope he improves our offense next season, as it was not fun to watch at all. It reminded me way to much of the horrible Moe Iba days. Iba was the reason I was a KU basketball fan growing up.

Nice win, Huskers! Great game for McCray--wonder if he had some friends and family in the crowd cheering him on today. Edwards seemed to make the most of his minutes, as well.

Not trying to diminish the win, but what the hell happened to Baylor? After their good performance last year and only losing one (?) starter, I really thought they would be one of the top teams in the Big XII this year. Whatever the cause, may Baylor continue to be unimpressive in the Big XII tournament . . . .

Nice win, Huskers! Great game for McCray--wonder if he had some friends and family in the crowd cheering him on today. Edwards seemed to make the most of his minutes, as well.

Not trying to diminish the win, but what the hell happened to Baylor? After their good performance last year and only losing one (?) starter, I really thought they would be one of the top teams in the Big XII this year. Whatever the cause, may Baylor continue to be unimpressive in the Big XII tournament . . . .

Someone, one of the big XII bloggers, said that Baylor has big chemistry problems and said that there have been fights during practice between the players. I don't remember the guys name but he said a few of the players would rather punch than pass to each other....just goes to show how recruiting can sometimes inaccurately forecast a "teams talent" because the Herald today says Baylor has 6 top 100 players.

And Doc, you're the man. We have one helluva coach here at Nebraska. I think next year could be a big year for us because we will have some height (Joaquim and Diaz), and hopefully someone, like McCray, will step up and become a go-to-guy during the frequent scoring droughts we incurred this year.