Absolutely no pitching!

HOLY COW!!!! This is bad! What is the difference between this team that is last in the Big 12 and last years team that ranked in the top 10 and was a regional host?

Johnny Dorn, Thad Weber, etc...

Few thoughts on the game:

I was actually quite happy with Kalkowski... until the 4th inning. I mean he only gave up one run before that, which is pretty f'ing amazing for this staff.

I didn't think Bird was terrible. At least as terrible as he has been... maybe I just haven't seen him enough :dunno Maybe I've been taking crazy pills!!!

All of a sudden our bats have disappeared. This game was well within reach until the 7th with the way our bats were earlier in the year.

As much as I want to remain positive, a 15-run loss to a team barely over .500 is getting a tad ridiculous.

I don't know if its going to get any better. If it doesn't, we're just going to have to ride it out, because I don't think anyone is going anywhere this year. If you don't want to do that, then go cheer for Creighton and GTFO. :rant

HOLY COW!!!! This is bad! What is the difference between this team that is last in the Big 12 and last years team that ranked in the top 10 and was a regional host?

Johnny Dorn, Thad Weber, etc...

Few thoughts on the game:

I was actually quite happy with Kalkowski... until the 4th inning. I mean he only gave up one run before that, which is pretty f'ing amazing for this staff.

I didn't think Bird was terrible. At least as terrible as he has been... maybe I just haven't seen him enough :dunno Maybe I've been taking crazy pills!!!

All of a sudden our bats have disappeared. This game was well within reach until the 7th with the way our bats were earlier in the year.

As much as I want to remain positive, a 15-run loss to a team barely over .500 is getting a tad ridiculous.

I don't know if its going to get any better. If it doesn't, we're just going to have to ride it out, because I don't think anyone is going anywhere this year. If you don't want to do that, then go cheer for Creighton and GTFO. :rant

Ride on. Every now and then a good bandwagon thinning isn't all bad, no more people at Hawks Field asking who the quarterback is :dumdum What bothers me is: do people think this blatant underachieving, especially if it is prolonged any further, will go unnoticed by the athletic department? :dunno I know venting is gonna happen, but at what point does it become redundant and there by definition purposeless? Or maybe venting about venting has blown my feeble mind. Whatever. :restore at some point, somebody, please.

What bothers me is: do people think this blatant underachieving, especially if it is prolonged any further, will go unnoticed by the athletic department?

This worries me because is baseball seen by the Athletic Dept. as a major sports program, like football, or is it seen as "...the thing to do between spring practice and August..."? I think it's a little bit of both, which leads me to believe that there will be no major outcry for a leadership change if this team underachieves.

If this team under achieves? I knew we were rebuilding to some degree in the pitching but com'on this is rediculas. We have a pitching coach sitting in the dug out just shaking his head and Anderson staring straight ahead.

This weekend we have TX and they way they are playing now they will lose all 3 games and I am not sure they can win another series on our schedule. Right now it is bleak and my guess would be our last game will be May 17th against Baylor.

Something has to change and I know most of you believe Anderson is god but I have yet to see anything from the guy!

The best coach in NE wears a Creighton Jersey!

If this team under achieves? I knew we were rebuilding to some degree in the pitching but com'on this is rediculas. We have a pitching coach sitting in the dug out just shaking his head and Anderson staring straight ahead.

This weekend we have TX and they way they are playing now they will lose all 3 games and I am not sure they can win another series on our schedule. Right now it is bleak and my guess would be our last game will be May 17th against Baylor.

Something has to change and I know most of you believe Anderson is god but I have yet to see anything from the guy!

Ive said for years that Anderson is a terrible manager and needs to go. He's a good coach, just a terrible manager. For Nebraska baseball to be taken serious we need a change.

I really have to refrain from what i've been wanting to say because i'll get in trouble.. i can't attack a poster, even though you really, really, really deserve it from what you've posted about Anderson lately.....

You have yet to see anything good? My bad... 2005? 2007? 2008? God forbid a coach has a bad year because he has an extremely young team!! 2006 was a good team that ran into a Great pitcher from a 4 seed in Manhattan and then played terrible against a decent San Francisco club the next day... i'll give you that year. 2007 went down to Tempe and beat a very solid UC Riverside club with their backs against the wall....

Let's look at our pitching staff...

Kalkowski - True frosh

Yost - RS Frosh

Nesseth - Soph

Kerkoff - True frosh

Massey - True frosh

Rose - Soph

Hauptmann - Soph

Mariot - Soph

Ludemann - True Frosh

Broekemeier - Soph

Rauldes - Jr

Anderson - Jr

Bird - Sr

we have THREE total pitchers that are upperclassmen... Bird is just bad.. always has been... he's not a big 12 quality pitcher... Eric Anderson and Jordan Rauldes... oh wait, Anderson has been hurt all year! That brings us to two. Two upper classmen.. - I'm not counting Bailey or Hanson because neither of them are pitchers 1st.... What would we expect out of a defense on the football team that has 2 players that are upperclassmen.. Not 2 returning starters.. two upperclassmen. Period. Maybe you should actually take a look at everything as opposed to being a sorry fair weather fan and jumping all over someone who isn't solely responsible for something.

I could probaly pitch better than this. Actually, that's not really a good comparison because I'm a really good pitcher. My knuckleball is amazing. Anyway, this is really disappointing. We need to turn this around. I understand we may not be a post season team every year, but we at least need to finish strong.

I could probaly pitch better than this. Acyually, that's not really a good comparison because I'm a really good pitcher. My knuckleball is amazing. Anyway, this is really disappointing. We need to turn this around. I understand we may not be a post season team every year, but we at least need to finish strong.

I think the finish will be something to pay attention too... We will see if the team gets better and competes... or if they roll over and die... I really don't think they'll roll over and die.. We'll see though... And really? Nothing against you but i doubt you would pitch better than them.. Maybe than a couple, but not most... Having hit against both Yost and Kalkowski they are both filthy.....