DE Dartwan Bush

Player: Dartwan Bush

Hometown: Clute, TX

Position: DE

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 250 lbs.

40 time: 4.6

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Baylor, Colorado, Houston, Iowa State, New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas-San Antonio, Texas Tech, Wyoming

Favorites: Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Houston, Iowa State, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Texas, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UTEP, Wyoming

COMMITTED TO TEXAS TECH

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star

• 5 months later...

Defensive end Dartwan Bush (Clute, Texas/Brazoswood) is one of the rising seniors in a state that produces several late bloomers each year. The 6-foot-1, 245-pounder with 4.7 speed and a wing span closing in on 6-9, is becoming a hot commodity. After entertaining offers from Houston, UTEP, North Texas, New Mexico and Iowa State for a few months, it now appears that three more programs are going to enter the race.

Baylor calls Bush weekly, Missouri stopped by Brazoswood two weeks ago and Arkansas was in attendance to watch him Friday night. Recording 6.5 sacks in the first five games of the season hasn't hurt either. Bush leads the team in tackles for loss as well as sacks. He is being recruited as an end and defensive tackle.

• 1 month later...

"I'm not sure if I would commit but Iowa State is definitely my leader right now," said Bush. "I'm just looking for a place that fits me and where I can have a good relationship with the coaches. I also want a place with a good education."

The 6-foot-2, 250-pound defensive end also has scholarship offers from Houston, New Mexico State, North Texas, and UTSA. He will be visiting Ames on the weekend of December 11th and says that one Iowa State assistant coach has been a huge factor in his recruitment. "I really like Coach Pope," said Bush.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston-area sleeper defensive end Dartwan Bush (Clute, Texas/Brazoswood) picked up a pair of Big 12 offers in the last 10 days. Baylor offered last week, while Colorado faxed an offer on Monday.

The 6-2, 250-pound long-armed end now has three Big 12 offers on the table with Iowa State being the first to offer. Bush will visit the Bears this weekend.

Texas A&M is also talking with Bush and an offer in the near future is an increasing possibility.