James Wright

James Wright was recently offered by LSU head coach Les Miles, vaulting the Tigers atop his list, ESPN affiliate Web site EyeOnTheTigers.com reports.

LSU joins Texas Tech, Arkansas, Alabama, Nebraska, Tennessee and Stanford in the mix for Wright.

The Tigers and USC Trojans are Wright's two dream schools. USC has not shown much interest to this point, but Wright isn't ready to pick LSU yet.

In 2008, he caught 58 passes for 1,058 yards (18.2 average) and 18 touchdowns. Wright also carried 22 times for 214 yards and four more scores earning Class 4A All-state, all-district and all-metro notoriety.

ESPN Evaluation 79

Wright is a prospect that not only possesses very good size and a frame to fill out and become an imposing presence, but he also displays very good speed, quick feet and the ability to get vertical more than one might think. He is used in a variety of roles both in the slot and on the outside and is very effective on slip screens. He is lanky, has good height and has yet to grow into his frame. Possesses long arms, is a long strider and has very deceptive speed-- covers a lot of ground quickly. Shows quick feet and good surge off the line of scrimmage. Is very confident and attacks the football. He has excellent hands and the ability to snatch the ball away from his body. He shows very good concentration and he will make the tough catch in traffic and he is especially good on the high ball-- has big upside in the red area. He can also track the vertical ball and make adjustments to bad balls. Shows excellent body control and sideline awareness. He is an adequate route runner, very smooth in and out of his cuts for a taller player, and he has a nice little short-area burst. He can run high at times and is a bit high cut which will give him somewhat of a straight-lined appearance both as a route runner and after the catch. What stands out most about Wright is his quick, strong hands. He is a guy QB's can throw the ball up to and he will go get it. His combination of size and speed give him a vertical presence on the outside, but he has a real knack for working the underneath and intermediate zones out of the slot and appears comfortable playing on the inside. Overall, Wright has upside to develop as a route runner and could find a home permanently as a slot receiver and redzone target on the outside. Good player with a bright future at the next level.

While I was watching that vid, I thought Wright looked great with the ball in his hands, he can obviously catch, but maybe not blazing fast. He'd make a great HB for us. Then I got to the last few plays where he's playing DB and I went. :o His coaches in college are going to have a big decision to make!

While I was watching that vid, I thought Wright looked great with the ball in his hands, he can obviously catch, but maybe not blazing fast. He'd make a great HB for us. Then I got to the last few plays where he's playing DB and I went. :o His coaches in college are going to have a big decision to make!

I was thinking the same thing about him being a halfback. I have feeling the are recruiting mobley for the same position. Hopefully this means we are going to see Reed in action this year.