Heres how my night went last night

I had quite of few people come over last night to watch the UFC 100 fights and around 7:00 I was watching the Home Run Derby on ESPN from last year and recorded Josh Hamiliton hitting 28 in the first round on my DVR. After that was done I flipped it to channel 201 on my Cableone DVR and placed my order for the fights.

I went upstairs to start grilling some burgers and dogs. Around 8:40 my sister lets me know that there has been a black screen on my TV for the past 10 minutes which shouldn't be because at 8:30 it was suppose to start and show the previews of the fights. I called Cableone and I'm on hold for almost 11 minutes so I hang up and I call back and couldn't get thru. So I googled their hotline # and gave that a call. The lady on the phone (She sounded hot too) told me that I NEVER ordered the fight and that she would manually do it for me. She ordered it but it wasn't coming thur on my TV so I had to unplug my DVR box and plug it back in. I had to do that 3 times and it still wouldn't work. She told me to grab my other box that isn't a DVR and use that one......she's joking right......wrong she was dead serious. So I run upstairs and I grab that box run downstairs to plug it back in and I had to find the regular red/white/yellow cords because all I use now is HDMI or Component cables. I hooked up the box and got it to work but it looked like dog poo and my shirt was drenched in sweet and I'm not a fat person either and my guest were trying to avoid my hot headed temper that was about ready to explode.

Needless to say I asked for a discount because I missed about 25 minutes of the Pay Per View and during the whole Pay Per View the screen would break up and get that wavy affect. She told me that she had to review my situation and let her supervisor know and it would show up on my next bill. So I'm going to see when my contract is up and go with either Dish Network or DirecTV. Yesterday was my 4th problem with Cableone's Pay Per View service with two of the problems coming from the Western Michigan/Nebraska game last year and the Kansas/Nebraska game too.

I have Time Warner, but I remember a Nebraska one. I think it was the Maine one too. PPV, first game of the season, I order pizzas and have beer and invite a bunch of people over....and all I get is a black screen. After being on hold with Time Warner for forever they tell me it's PPV's fault and that they would refund me.

It's frustrating. Of course that was 4 years ago...but I still really hate Time Warner. I need to take my current DVR box in and when I do I'm going to tell them they need to find a new company to make the DVRs for them. Because these things' hard drives get fragmented and glitchy so dang often it's ridiculous. I can only view about half of my HD channels and a lot of others one decide to sometimes DVR and sometimes not.

I have COX. Never have had a problem like that before. Every few months I need to call so they can reset my signal (this usually downloads new files). This is always easy and takes less than five minutes and BAM, my DVR/digital box is back up and running.

Not sure where you live, but my guess is that you do not have COX as an option.