Affliction: Trilogy

GSG

So I think by now, everyone knows that Josh "The Baby-Faced Assassin" Barnett tested positive for an anabolic steroid and will not be fighting Fedor on August 1st. From the reports so far, it sounds like Vitor Belfort will be Barnett's replacement. Belfort was scheduled to fight at MIDDLEweight that night, but will now be fighting at HEAVYweight. Does anyone think this is even going to be worth watching?

So I think by now, everyone knows that Josh "The Baby-Faced Assassin" Barnett tested positive for an anabolic steroid and will not be fighting Fedor on August 1st. From the reports so far, it sounds like Vitor Belfort will be Barnett's replacement. Belfort was scheduled to fight at MIDDLEweight that night, but will now be fighting at HEAVYweight. Does anyone think this is even going to be worth watching?

I heard Bobby Lashley's name thrown in there as well. He is 4-0, but probably way outclassed by Fedor, but on name recognition alone, may sell fairly well...

Belfort has fought at light-heavy, and he still has some of the quickest hands in the game, so it should be a good fight. Fedor will win though. But, I thought Belfort was heading back to the UFC to fight Anderson Silva? I thought I remember Dana White mentioning that. Anybody else??

Belfort has fought at light-heavy, and he still has some of the quickest hands in the game, so it should be a good fight. Fedor will win though. But, I thought Belfort was heading back to the UFC to fight Anderson Silva? I thought I remember Dana White mentioning that. Anybody else??

You're right. Dana said that on the TUF 9 Finale.

I guess we should change the title of the thread to "Affliction: No More." So what's next for Fedor? Does his management and the UFC brass finally compromise? I'm guessing he goes to Japan to fight in Dream. Strikeforce doesn't have the money to pull him in.

I guess we should change the title of the thread to "Affliction: No More." So what's next for Fedor? Does his management and the UFC brass finally compromise? I'm guessing he goes to Japan to fight in Dream. Strikeforce doesn't have the money to pull him in.

Affliction Calls Off Trilogy

They are going to have to. The fans are calling for it and both Fedor and Dana White know this. Neither of them can afford to side-step anymore.