Recruits threads

I'm starting to see a lot of people going off on tangents over on the recruits actual threads. A bunch of things about how the coaching staff and how bad recruiting is going. I think this is a bad idea because we never know who might be reading the information provided about the kids and the recruiting trail behind them. Take for example the Swigert kid, it went from talking to his uncle about the kid to berating the coaches and the way they recruit, so we know his family member is viewing that thread. We shouldn't have that under those kids profiles in my opinion because that just makes us as fans look like a bunch of bicking fools. Maybe we should have some rules put in that the profiles are for information about the kid and how it's going but under no cicumstances do we discuss other topics in their thread.

I also vote that Willie get a mod if possible like OhioPete as they are both always in the threads posting information, street novelist might be another good choice as he posts quite a bit of updates there as well.

Just my opinion or .02 if you want.

The problem is that it sort of defeats the purpose of the Board. Also, it becomes a tad bit difficult at times to determine when the post is "bad" verses a post with a legitimate point being raised.

What we can do is try and keep the topics cleaned up a bit - when they go off on a tangent we'll try and get everyone back on track and start moving the posts that are off target.

no worries AR, just wanted to bring it to your attention. I don't want his uncle to see that kind of thing in his nephews page and think that the coaches are doing something wrong, you know that kind of thing will be brought up during family gatherings, how couldn't it if someone is looking out for their family members.

Appreciate the response though.

The problem is that it sort of defeats the purpose of the Board. Also, it becomes a tad bit difficult at times to determine when the post is "bad" verses a post with a legitimate point being raised.

What we can do is try and keep the topics cleaned up a bit - when they go off on a tangent we'll try and get everyone back on track and start moving the posts that are off target.

Why does it defeat the purpose of the board when you yourself told me in PM that it is okay to lock a thread if it has the potential to get bad? You can't lock a recruit thread when it's an active recruit and i know i've seen posts on here deleted before.. So what's the problem with deleting threads that are potentially hazardous to our recruiting situation?

You'll say the difference was that the Q thing is strictly speculation at the point while the recruiting thing is possibly bringing up "valid" points.. I would counter with anyone other than coaches saying anything about how well they recruit is nothing but speculation also. Therefore has the potential to lead to flaming (and has by one party or another in almost every situation) and therefore by those standards, should be locked until hard evidence has come up to prove that.

Why does it defeat the purpose of the board when you yourself told me in PM that it is okay to lock a thread if it has the potential to get bad? You can't lock a recruit thread when it's an active recruit and i know i've seen posts on here deleted before.. So what's the problem with deleting threads that are potentially hazardous to our recruiting situation?

You'll say the difference was that the Q thing is strictly speculation at the point while the recruiting thing is possibly bringing up "valid" points.. I would counter with anyone other than coaches saying anything about how well they recruit is nothing but speculation also. Therefore has the potential to lead to flaming (and has by one party or another in almost every situation) and therefore by those standards, should be locked until hard evidence has come up to prove that.

I'm afraid I can't make it any easier for you to understand. Which means you'll just have to live with it.

I'm afraid I can't make it any easier for you to understand. Which means you'll just have to live with it.

I just don't see the difference in the two things. Why can someone flame our coaching staff to relatives of a player or hell, maybe even the player themselves, but then someone can't even post a freaking rumor he heard about a player being kicked off without being harassed and that thread locked. Just doesn't make sense.. have it one way or the other, but not here and there.