POLL: When will NU win another national title?

When will NU win another national title?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree that we are not starting over but I chose 2008 - I think that the infusion of JUCO's puts us back to the 9 win seasons but believe that our best chance will be with the incoming Frosh that will be juniors that year along with this years class (to be determined stars) that will be the real difference makers.

:cheers

I dunno, how much longer 'til we get a good coach??

This quote from Tommy Frazier rebuts your question...

“It (college football) is all about players,” Frazier said. “Players make coaches what they are. You have to go out and recruit at the highest level year in and year out. This coaching staff went out and found the best athletes out there and brought them in here.”

So by what Tommy has to say, we should be playing for one in about 2-3 years.

I dunno, how much longer 'til we get a good coach??

This quote from Tommy Frazier rebuts your question...

“It (college football) is all about players,” Frazier said. “Players make coaches what they are. You have to go out and recruit at the highest level year in and year out. This coaching staff went out and found the best athletes out there and brought them in here.”

So by what Tommy has to say, we should be playing for one in about 2-3 years.

I read it, but again, it was just one guy's opinion. There are many that feel as TF does, and there are many that feel as I do. If its all about the players, then why did blake (with NC talent) fail so miserably at OU??

As of right now, the faction that is skeptical of this staff has the stats and history on their side. One good recruiting class isnt gonna make this team a NC contender.

This staff has tons to prove.

To FormerFan: Grandma just called and said you're supposed to go home. She said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

But on a serious note, in defense of Callahan, he is a damn good coach. And in defense of Blake, he is a damn good recruiter. Callahan took a team to the Super Bowl that Jon Gruden couldn't. And as for the mutiny that occurred, you get that in pro sports because of the economics. When players make 10 times what the coach does, it breeds an "I'm bigger than you" mentality, which meets any kind of criticism by refusing to play for that coach.

Blake recruited something like 18 of the 22 starters on the 2000 national championship team. He never had a chance to coach them because he was fired. He wasn't given the time to rebuild the team. Ole Bobby Stoops takes over and everyone thinks he's a genius. He's a great coach, but he took over a team that was stacked, something that Callahan didn't have the luxury of doing.

One more question though, if you're a former fan, shouldn't you move on with your life? Kind of like a breakup.

But on a serious note, in defense of Callahan, he is a damn good coach.  And in defense of Blake, he is a damn good recruiter. 

Blake recruited something like 18 of the 22 starters on the 2000 national championship team.  He never had a chance to coach them because he was fired.  He wasn't given the time to rebuild the team.  Ole Bobby Stoops takes over and everyone thinks he's a genius.  He's a great coach, but he took over a team that was stacked, something that Callahan didn't have the luxury of doing.

One more question though, if you're a former fan, shouldn't you move on with your life?  Kind of like a breakup.

Damn good coaches dont go 4-12. Lets do this again, cally took over a team that had went to the AFC championship game, at least once, if not twice, its not as if he made a dramatic difference in that team (until he put his system in place, causing the mutiny and his firing). blake is a good recruiter, but an absolutely terrible coach.

There have been many teams consistently with top 10 classes every year, yet they are no better than also-rans. The fact is, NU won 5 NCs without a #1 rated class, so what was the difference? Coaching, coaching, coaching. We are just hoping that the talent can be good enough to overcome bad systems and bad coaching. I have said it before and I will say it again, this staff will never win a NC, hell, they will never win the Big 12.

We can talk about NU not having top 10 talent, but the staff prior to this one led this team to a 10-3 record--great coaching, no excuses. Bottom line-this is a 5-6 staff, and thats the truth.

How many years has UT had a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class and how many NCs have they won lately????

It's worked for USC. According to Rivals they were 11 in 02, 3 in 03, 1 in 04, and 1 in 05.

How many D1 programs are there, 104 or something like that? There's only 1 NC each year so all I'm saying is that winning a NC isn't that easy. Just because NU has a top ranked recruiting class and a different coach doesn't mean NU is gonna follow OU, LSU or USC and win a NC - it's not a gimmie - there are plenty of other schools out there trying to do the same thing.