Oregon Tailback Blount Punches Smurf, Tangos with cops

mmmtodd

you know what makes me feel fine with the yearlong suspension? the fact that after he punched a player, he kept escalating it. you punch a player, oh crap, i screwed up, lets get into the locker room and tear some stuff up. this kid didnt do that. he goes on to get into it with teammates, tries to get into with people in the stands, then keeps going when hes got one of his coaches, a cop, security, whatever else trying to calm him down. completely out of control. i agree with you beachbuffs in a sense, maybe it wont be murder, but this guy in prison one day wouldnt surprise me one bit. and people will say, oh its because he was suspended and felt like his life was ruined, blah blah blah. hes already been given a second chance by his team. its obvious he didnt respect that at all.

Blount's suspension includes any bowl games. He will remain on scholarship, however, and will continue to practice with the team. He must adhere to all team rules.

i like this. we'll find out what hes made of now. does he finish up and gets his degree, be a man? or does he get pulled over for drunk driving in a month...

Hout should have kept his mouth shut. They won the game, what else needed to be said?

However, what Blount did was absolutely ridiculous and he should be kicked off the team. I wouldn't want someone with that character on my team. He was on my fantasy team, but he will be taken off quickly regardless of how many games he is suspended for. What a moron.

As far as the overall game goes, it sucked. I was expecting a pretty high scoring game, but instead it was close in line to the South Carolina/NC State game: pretty damn uneventful (other then the ending). Both offenses struggled to put up points, and Oregon's offense looked very lame. Oregon's D is bad, you will see that the rest of the year. There's no reason why Boise State shouldn't have scored more.

Oh well, at least college football has officially started!

Same here. As horrible as his stat line was, and as pissed off as I was to be getting 1 F'n fantasy point from a guy who averaged over 7 yards a carry last year. It wasn't until he went ape sh!t after wards that I said, "Screw this, I'm dumping this MFer!"

just announced that Hout of Boise St WILL NOT see a suspension of any kind, per Boise St Athletic Dept/ ESPN

And I agree with this....he did NOTHING wrong.

But he did have it coming to him. Anyone with a brain would know that you're going to get punched if you do that, because quite frankly, he deserved it. If he's cool with that, then whatever.

Actually Blount wasn't pissed that Hout was trash talking to him after the game. Blount was pissed that Hout touched him on his shoulder pad and that news was coming from an Oregon Sports Columnst who told ESPN inside the lines I believe......and still it wasn't acceptable to punch somebody even if they were talking trash. Thats when you man up and turn your back and walk away. And Blount had it coming anyways to get trashed talk after the game because Blount was the one trash talking all summer long about this game saying that Boise was going to get an ass whooping and karma bit him in the ass for 8 carries with -6 yds rushing and now he's suspended for the whole year lol.

just announced that Hout of Boise St WILL NOT see a suspension of any kind, per Boise St Athletic Dept/ ESPN

And I agree with this....he did NOTHING wrong.

But he did have it coming to him. Anyone with a brain would know that you're going to get punched if you do that, because quite frankly, he deserved it. If he's cool with that, then whatever.

Actually Blount wasn't pissed that Hout was trash talking to him after the game. Blount was pissed that Hout touched him on his shoulder pad and that news was coming from an Oregon Sports Columnst who told ESPN inside the lines I believe......and still it wasn't acceptable to punch somebody even if they were talking trash. Thats when you man up and turn your back and walk away. And Blount had it coming anyways to get trashed talk after the game because Blount was the one trash talking all summer long about this game saying that Boise was going to get an ass whooping and karma bit him in the ass for 8 carries with -6 yds rushing and now he's suspended for the whole year lol.

If i was Blount, it would be the fact that the Boise player slapped his pads after the game that would upset me most. He had to have known the trash-talk was coming. Either way, the Boise player deserved to get punched.

That doesn't mean Blount doesn't deserve to get suspended, I think he should. Season? No. But you can't just say the Boise player is an innocent victim here; he asked for it.