Lakers Draft For Future

Even though the Lakers didn't get the actual player (Frye) from Arizona,they did get a kid (Andrew Bynum) 7'0" 280 lbs who if given some playing time minutes and good coaching,will in 2-3 years will be the next big time center for the Lakers and in the NBA. All reports from scouts and the like,say that the kid has skills/talent,good foot work and more importantly,a good work ethic. Only time will tell if the Lakers found a true diamond in the rough or just another E.Curry,K.Brown or other head case.

Unless the Lakers go out and get some good free agents or trade for someone this pick is crap. They need help NOW. Phil isn't going to sit around and wait three years for this kid to pan out. They need someone who will produce next year. If they get someone for the present and bring this kid along that's fine. If they don't this was a bad pick.IMO

Chris Paul will be the biggest disappointment of the Lottery picks. Julius Hodge will turn out to be the steal of the draft. Sean May will be average at best and Raymond Felton at the Five spot was a joke. Williams to Utah was a good pick and McCants to Minn. should work out also. Crap call ESPN I could be the next Stephen A Smith. :horns2

As Corso would say, NOT SO FAST! Charlie Villanueva will be the biggest disappointment. I agree Hodge is going to be solid, but I think Hakim Warrick is going to be the steal of the draft. He will be a solid contributer for many years. I think about 6-7 GM's smoke more dope than their players. On one hand you got Big East MVP, the other hand you got a lazy, eyebrow-less freak that hasn't shown much in his first 2 years of college. Seems like a no-brainer to me.