OU Loses to BYU

Bradford wanted to return for a chance at a championship, well, all I can say is that at least he won't have to go to Detroit.....lol

After today, ESPN has annointed BYU vs Notre Dame for the BCS title, Touchdown Jesus vs. The Prophet, Celibacy vs Polygamy!!!!

Is that supposed to be funny?

Yes, we Catholics have a sense of humor :)

Bradford wanted to return for a chance at a championship, well, all I can say is that at least he won't have to go to Detroit.....lol

After today, ESPN has annointed BYU vs Notre Dame for the BCS title, Touchdown Jesus vs. The Prophet, Celibacy vs Polygamy!!!!

Is that supposed to be funny?

As priests are still celibate (ideally), Mormons who pratice it now a days are usually running cults, getting accused of child rape and generally not well thought of. Therefore, modern day Mormons are often a little prickly abouththat tag, since main steam Mormons hae not practiced poligamy for a long time. I am not a Mormon, but I imagine that is why the response. I do not thing anyone meant ot start a fight on the topic in the football forum, so I vote we move forward and let bygones be bygones (easy for me to say, so I thought I would), I think it was just meant to be funny but may have been a little insensitive to others belief systems...

My joke was not meant to be a personal attack on anyone's belief, only a poking a little humor in the absurdity that somehow religion can factor into a football game as if God or Jesus dictates the outcome of football games. I respect people's religious views and I have had numerous Mormon friends throughout my life, if we cannot laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? So I am sorry that I offended you Washusker.

My joke was not meant to be a personal attack on anyone's belief, only a poking a little humor in the absurdity that somehow religion can factor into a football game as if God or Jesus dictates the outcome of football games. I respect people's religious views and I have had numerous Mormon friends throughout my life, if we cannot laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? So I am sorry that I offended you Washusker.

As much as I hate Colorado and everything related to it, I thought it was funny. :dunno