CU Sucks

nepolo7

Dudes... I'm not a CU fan (I live here but I fly Red all the time!), I am a husker fan thru and thru...

Tell you what tho, I doubt you will see CU look this ragged again all year and you can dang near bet your paychecks on that when they play US! Bash 'em if you want, I know I despise them... BUT, I doubt you will see another lackluster performance out of them this year. I predict we'll beat them this year in Boulder, but they WILL come alive... I think maybe it's the zombie water they live on up in them thar hills...

GO BIG RED!

Dudes... I'm not a CU fan (I live here but I fly Red all the time!), I am a husker fan thru and thru...

Tell you what tho, I doubt you will see CU look this ragged again all year and you can dang near bet your paychecks on that when they play US! Bash 'em if you want, I know I despise them... BUT, I doubt you will see another lackluster performance out of them this year. I predict we'll beat them this year in Boulder, but they WILL come alive... I think maybe it's the zombie water they live on up in them thar hills...

GO BIG RED!

I have to agree. CU won't be that bad all season.

on a side note.....Kansas State almost got beat by Massachusetts

You mean the same UMass that won an average of nine games a year over their past four years? That UMass? Because that was a decent win for the Kitties. UMass was 7-5 last year and nothing to speak of, but they're not exactly FAU, either. For what KSU has been through lately, that was a decent win. Not great, but decent.

Maybe he means the same UMass that did not win a game vs D1A opponents the past four years? Yes, that UMass. I actually saw them play live last year once. I wasn't too impressed.

Hansen has decided he's not going to get to play this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_13286783

#3 Evans is also redshirting :laughpoundhttp://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_13286839

Cody WILL go down-he has no O line. They are S-C-R-E-W-E-D this year.

This really says something on the way they picked their QB starter this year. If you're redshirting your #2 and #3 guy, there wasn't really any competition for the starting spot at all. Wow. Things are even more bottom bucket there than everyone was led to believe.

The Ralphie Report

I fell for the propaganda and for that I apologize to the loyal group of Colorado Buffaloes' fans who grace this site. I fell for the "doctored" information that was coming out of the "closed practice" regime's information department and believed a change was a coming. I failed to look behind the plethora of one word distasteful answers from Dan Hawkins to the media because too many secrets were being let out on blogs like the Ralphie Report for opponents to see.

I glazed over the facts: Quarterback has not improved. The coaching staff has not proven to us in the past or yesterday that they know how to effectively utilize play makers (all the indication we needed was Josh Smith transferring). This group of coaches has made excuses during the season and promised the world in the offseason in the past. In the ultimate definition of dealing with adversity and being a successful team, I overlooked the fact that Colorado has won only twice on the road in Dan Hawkins' term. The defensive line is young and weak. The offensive line is all potential with the belief they might be good but with no prior history of results. At wide receiver, the Buffs have one player who has done anything in a division one game. I believed that a change in the offense would bring the smash mouth back to Colorado football but realized after a sweep wide on 4th and one that no offensive scheme can teach will, toughness and desire to get something accomplished but rather something that you have inside. Too many times we have seen lackadaisical performances, little energy and no response to sudden change during a game.

Shame on me, shame on me.

I never thought I would feel this stupid after a football game.

The best part about this post is I am not going to bring up one statistic. All I needed to hear after the game was one quote from one player to provide all of the ammunition as to why the Colorado football program is failing and quickly becoming the laughing stock of the Big 12.

After this comment by our team captain, I am plain dumbfounded and angered by what is considered acceptable in Boulder:

"I think we kind of might have overlooked CSU a little bit," Riar Geer said. "We were pretty confident going into this game and they came out and played great. They came out and hit us in the mouth those first few drives. You`ve got to take your hat off to them."

Overlooked?

I am stuck pondering the answer to this question: How can a team captain allow HIS team to overlook the first game, a rivalry nonetheless, of "a change in Boulder season where the goal is 10 wins, no excuses." But maybe Riar Geer, Marcus Burton or Jeff Smart don't feel it is "their team." Anytime you hear that quote, you know you have a problem in leadership and at the top of the program.

Apparently, this team isn't that hungry after a 5 - 7 season. Apparently this team thinks it is good enough to just show up and look ahead to who? Toledo? Wyoming? Or to the party on the Hill?

I quote a corny movie moment from "Remember the Titans" that is very applicable in this situation: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain." Leadership; the most underrated quality in life and in sports. The Buffs don't have any and if they do, it has fallen on deaf ears.

The high and mighty 5 - 7 worst offense in the Big 12, "10 wins, no excuses" Colorado Buffaloes "overlooked" the lowly 7 - 6 bowl winning Colorado State Rams team under second year head coach Steve Fairchild, who did something we all thought of as crazy this offseason and something we haven't heard at Colorado in a long time.

He criticized a player to the media, he expected more from his team, more from his quarterback and until he got that performance, he wasn't going to let up or be satisfied. He told Dan Hawkins in an indirect message to his team that if we practice like this, we are going to lose to Colorado. He mocked Dan Hawkins and the Colorado program by calling them "silly" for moving the game to Boulder and he mocked Colorado's decision to not name a starter between their two very talented quarterbacks until game day by nonchalantly telling the media when Grant Stucker was walking off the practice field that he was going to be the quarterback for Colorado State. Steve Fairchild has a little competitiveness, a little attitude, a little bully, a little underdog role in him and it is cleary reflected in his players. And the best thing is he wants that and expects that. He has expectations for his players and they know it.

What sort of traits have we seen from Dan Hawkins that we should expect to be reflected in the Buffs that make a difference on the football field, not supposedly in life 10 years down the line?

I don't know and that is a tough thing to realize.

But who am I to question anything to do with the high and mighty Colorado football program who have been so successful the past four years that they can overlook the Colorado State Rams at home in Boulder. I am just internet scum who doesn't know anything about anything.

Call me anything you want but today, the program looks "silly" just like Steve Fairchild said a few months ago. Think about it. Who do they think they are? They overlook the Rams, shut down practices to the fanbase, give the media one word answers, not allow folks like Kyle Ringo and Tom Kensler to opportunity to do their jobs and report on the Buffs, call a fan base the scum of the world, call former Buff and current broadcaster Joel Klatt out for criticizing the team's spread offense last year because he has not coached before, not name a quarterback for deception, move the game from Denver to Boulder to strong arm the Rams...heck, we high and mightily referenced ten wins! Boy, the Colorado football program looks "silly" this morning. I for one am sick of looking silly.

The worst part is the Colorado State fans ran onto Folsom and I don't even know if the program cared. There was no Tim Tebow speech from anybody in the Colorado program last night and as much as you dislike Tim Tebow, he gets this statement: "Attitude reflects leadership, captain." He also wins games. He wins national championships.

Steve Fairchild, like the rest of the Big 12 and Colorado State fans, must really be enjoying themselves this morning. Colorado State surely didn't overlook the Buffs. And it showed.

"Attitude reflects leadership, captain." "Attitude reflects leadership, coach." It all starts at the top.

This post sounds almost familiar, especially the paragraph in bold.....like about 2 years ago.....here.

I don't think the program in Boulder can afford another $3 million buyout, so they're stuck with Callahawkins for the duration of his contract.

I've actually calmed down somewhat since last night and life goes on, we have a short week and I am eager to see what gets fixxed before then. Go Buffs!!!!!

I'll be honest, I hope you guys don't win another game all year. Your a nice guy and all, but I hate CU.

A serious question: Why is CU not playing well?

I would be more annoyed that you started rooting for us rather then hate us...lol

I believe what happened Sunday night was that the team came out flat and underesitimated their opponent. I believe that Hawkins wanted to rotate RB's to see who would get hot but by the time he had decided it was too late and then we had to throw the ball. I think our offensive line is not as good as we had hoped and that our defensive line is really young but I thought they played way better in the second half. I also believe that CSU is a lot better then anyone guessed and that their experience on the o-line was the difference maker especially early in the game. I do not have the problem with Cody that other Buff fans have though, he did not play poorly, even his pic was a ball that should have been caught by his receiver. So I am not on the nepotism bandwagon. If Friday night we can come out and establish a running game and get away from spreading the wealth and go with Scott and Stewart we should win and I even think win a lot of games, certainly not 10, but a winning record is still possible.

I've actually calmed down somewhat since last night and life goes on, we have a short week and I am eager to see what gets fixxed before then. Go Buffs!!!!!

I'll be honest, I hope you guys don't win another game all year. Your a nice guy and all, but I hate CU.

Eric,

As a NU fan, I agree wholeheartedly. I'd love for CU to tank it this year...and next year...and the year after....and the year after that....I think you get my drift :)

But as a fan of the Big 12 North (and the B12 as a whole), we almost need CU to have a good year for a couple of reasons. First, the North needs to wrestle the title of "Strongest Division" away from the South. I'm tired of hearing "Bradford this" or "McCoy that" or "Leach this", etc. The North needs to regain the dominance again. Secondly, the Big 12 needs to show they are the strongest conference in America so the knob-gobbling, circle-jerkin, media mangos will quit their love-fest for the SEC/Florida/Tim Tebow Conference. That crap is getting on my last damn nerve :madash

Eric,

As a NU fan, I agree wholeheartedly. I'd love for CU to tank it this year...and next year...and the year after....and the year after that....I think you get my drift :)

But as a fan of the Big 12 North (and the B12 as a whole), we almost need CU to have a good year for a couple of reasons. First, the North needs to wrestle the title of "Strongest Division" away from the South. I'm tired of hearing "Bradford this" or "McCoy that" or "Leach this", etc. The North needs to regain the dominance again. Secondly, the Big 12 needs to show they are the strongest conference in America so the knob-gobbling, circle-jerkin, media mangos will quit their love-fest for the SEC/Florida/Tim Tebow Conference. That crap is getting on my last damn nerve :madash

How dare you mock St. Tebow, no other QB is able to run the ball, throw it, and deliver a baby via C-Section all at the same time, you Fusker fans need to learn your place!!!!!!!! :)

Eric,

How dare you mock St. Tebow, no other QB is able to run the ball, throw it, and deliver a baby via C-Section all at the same time, you Fusker fans need to learn your place!!!!!!!! :)

Pssssh...Cody Green can run the ball, throw it, deliver a baby via C-section AND end world hunger with a single snap of the ball. I'd like to see Tebow do that.