Virginia Tech ABC Coverage

Just found out that it is being broadcasted on ABC and ESPN 2 so we are all COVERED!

You're still not getting it. It was broadcast on ABC last year, but the West Coast wasn't able to see the game. It wasn't on ESPN or ESPN 2 either. I remember because I checked out all 3 channels and none of them were carrying it. You have to live in the designated area to see the game. Once ABC releases the coverage map this week, you'll see what I mean.

Just found out that it is being broadcasted on ABC and ESPN 2 so we are all COVERED!

There is no way they are showing the same game on both channels. Sorry.... West Coast will get USC vs. Washington. Big 10 and Pac 10 country will probably get Iowa vs Arizona. Rest of the country will get Nebraska vs. Va Tech.

There is no way they are showing the same game on both channels. Sorry.... West Coast will get USC vs. Washington. Big 10 and Pac 10 country will probably get Iowa vs Arizona. Rest of the country will get Nebraska vs. Va Tech.

Sorry...I was just relaying what was said in a similar post...anyways...regardless....I want this game!

This is a pretty good synopsis from a VT site:

Source: Linky

If you live in the ACC or Big 12 region, you will see the Hokies and Huskers on your local ABC affiliate and the Arizona-Iowa game on ESPN2. The other game, USC at Washington, is only available if you order ESPN GamePlan.

If you live in the Big Ten region or the Pac 10 region that is going to see Arizona (this will probably be restricted to only the state of Arizona), you'll see Arizona at Iowa on your local ABC affiliate and the Hokies and Huskers on ESPN2.

The only way you won't be able to see the Hokies this week is if the USC-Washington game is on your local ABC station. Then the Arizona-Iowa game is on ESPN2 and you can only see Virginia Tech-Nebraska if you order ESPN GamePlan.

A lot more people will be able to see Virginia Tech this week since there's only three ABC regional games in the 3:30 time slot. Later this year, when there's an ACC, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac 10 game on at the same time, a lot more people (read: me) won't be able to see the Hokies without coughing up the cash to order a weekly subscription of GamePlan.

Essentially, if you live in PAC-10 regions other than Arizona, you probably won't get the game unless you order it from gameplan. Everyone else will get it on either ABC or ESPN2.

As a note, all ESPN games are shown on ESPN360 at espn360.com, so if you can't watch it on TV, you should be able to stream it from the net. If you have high-speed internet and a few cables to run between your TV and computer, this can be almost as good as getting it on TV.

You're still not getting it. It was broadcast on ABC last year, but the West Coast wasn't able to see the game. It wasn't on ESPN or ESPN 2 either. I remember because I checked out all 3 channels and none of them were carrying it. You have to live in the designated area to see the game. Once ABC releases the coverage map this week, you'll see what I mean.

Last year the game was a night game and strictly on ABC regional coverage. Only the mid afternoon (2:30) games are subject to the reverse mirror. I live in Louisiana and didn't get the game last year. Had to order gameplan for the day to see the game. People on the west coast will get the USC game on ABC and then on ESPN2 you will see either the Nebraska game or the Iowa/Arizona game. Not sure which you will get on ESPN2. Will have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday.