It's put up or shut up time

It would be a good win, but then again it would come against an opponent that would be 1-2. I think people are putting way too much into this game. I'm much more concerned and interested in how we stack up against the rest of the Big 12. Turning the corner isn't beating VT. Turning the corner is beating Texas, OU, and winning the Big 12 or at least being competitive with them. If we beat VT, the media pundits will spin it as them being overrated which will probably be true. Alabama dominated them.

Pundits or not, if we lose to VA Tech we lose confidence, which will cost us a game or two in conference. If we beat VA Tech, we have a team with a high level of confidence that is both physically and mentally capable of beating anyone in the Big 12.

Why would beating VT and not KU or MU or OU not mean we "are back"? It's way to early for any of this talk IMO. We're into the 3rd game of the season. What if we beat VT but they have a less than stellar season? What if we lose to MU but they're much better than people think? What if we beat KU but they struggle? What if we beat OU and BYU goes onto be a BCS buster? Would that negate OU's loss to BYU? Would that make our win that much more sweeter?

One game does not define whether a team has turned the corner IMO. For me, the effort on the field is what will define whether or not we've turned the corner. And judging by how the guys responded last year after losing 3 games in a row and how they're playing so far, I'd say we've already started to turn the corner.

I was talking more about Nebraska and turning the corner. Let's assume we beat VT and they go unranked. Can we really say Nebraska has turned the corner if VT is unranked at season's end? I could care less about the not beating a top 20 team crap. I'm more concerned about heading in the right direction. So what if we beat VT Saturday but go on to get absolutely thumped by OU or maybe even KU and Mizzou. Beating VT will mean very little to me if we lose to OU, KU, Mizzou, etc.

Then you just answered your question then. At the end of the season, it won't matter just what VT did, but also what NU did and the future opponents did. You won't sit at the end of the season with NU being 10-2 and not say they turned a corner I don't think.

Damn straight - Who gives two $h**s about what VT does down the road, this would be a good win and a great step toward moving NEBRASKA forward. VT is ranked #13 for one reason or another, have a great home record ,and you've gotta take what's given to you now.

They have beat 31 non conference opponents in a row at home.

You damned right it would be significant now and later.

The game will not dictate whether Nebraska is back or not. What it will do is give the players the confidence that they can compete with anyone of they do go into Blacksburg and win. And, more than any other sport, confidence is a close second to talent when it comes to who wins and loses games. When a team is confident and rolling it is like running into a buzzsaw.

Seems most people thought we "turned the corner" when we beat CU in 05 and Callahan broke out the "Restore the Order" t-shirts.

that guy was a freaking idiot. he never even sniffed restoring any order. pelini has more coaching ability in his pinkie than Cally had in his whole body.

What an abomination on this storied program.

i'm just thankful those days are behind us.

Seems most people thought we "turned the corner" when we beat CU in 05 and Callahan broke out the "Restore the Order" t-shirts.

that guy was a freaking idiot. he never even sniffed restoring any order. pelini has more coaching ability in his pinkie than Cally had in his whole body.

What an abomination on this storied program.

i'm just thankful those days are behind us.

Ahhh...but at the time, some people were all excited he was the HC.

My point is, at some point in time, we're going to have to realize we turned the corner when Pelini was hired. We're headin in the right direction. Every season the same discussion comes up "if we beat (insert team name here), have we turned the corner?"

Damn straight - Who gives two $h**s about what VT does down the road, this would be a good win and a great step toward moving NEBRASKA forward. VT is ranked #13 for one reason or another, have a great home record ,and you've gotta take what's given to you now.

They have lost 7 non-conference home games. That tells me that its not impossible to beat the Hokies at Lane Stadium. Have Faith in the Red!

They have lost 7 non-conference home games. That tells me that its not impossible to beat the Hokies at Lane Stadium. Have Faith in the Red!

Oh I do just pointing it out to put the W in prospective. ;)