QB Rhett Bomar

It seems like reading between the lines he was somewhat of a disappointment last spring. If I remember, he didn't put up great numbers in the spring game. Did he play with the number 2 offense against the number 1 defense? That could explain it. Or maybe he is indeed a great talent who needs more development like many other young QBs? Or maybe he wasn't practicing hard enough? Or is he not as good as what the experts thought?

It seems like reading between the lines he was somewhat of a disappointment last spring. If I remember, he didn't put up great numbers in the spring game. Did he play with the number 2 offense against the number 1 defense? That could explain it. Or maybe he is indeed a great talent who needs more development like many other young QBs? Or maybe he wasn't practicing hard enough? Or is he not as good as what the experts thought?

Was this kid a top three recruit a year ago from the state Texas

Does anyone from OKlahoma have a real feel for this...?? Is OU really in trouble at QB? This kid was highly regarded, but this just proves the point that recruiting is a crap shoot.

Now that I saw that previous post of the FSU QB, that's pretty funny, Pillen08. Maybe the OU QB is just plain lazy, but I don't know what the issue is. I think at least one recruiting service had him as the number 1 player in the country, coming out of high school.

I remember we had a QB coming out of high school from Lousiana in the '80s. He, I believe, was in the top 10 of some recruiting services. Micky(sp?) Joseph was rated the number option QB in the couintry. He was suppose to be all everything as a quarterback. At the time, that was perhaps Osborne's biggest recruiting victory over Switzer.

But he never turned out to be the great QB like Frazier or Crouch or Frost. He lost the starting job his senior year to Keithen(sp?) McCant(sp?). The recruiting services were probably not as accurate in the '80s, but those services still don't know everything today, either.

Does anyone from OKlahoma have a real feel for this...?? Is OU really in trouble at QB? This kid was highly regarded, but this just proves the point that recruiting is a crap shoot.

I don't think it is nothing more than a crap shoot. There are kids that are prone to trouble and kids that aren't. That and no one can really see into the future.