Our coaching staff has some explainin

Twodocs

I had it as a 53 yard field goal with no wind

I'm just sayin no guts no glory

I wonder how we ever won the Colorado game last year?

Alex Henery?? Why didn't we punt there? Again?

I have never seen a fourth and goal punt!

:yeah:yeah:yeah

We were back near the 40yd line. What else was there to do? We shot ourselves in the foot during that series. The players know it, coaches know and we know it. Could Henery have made that kick? Perhaps. But second guessing does no good. I do know this though. Our defense was playing absolutely phenomonal the 2nd half. So why not punt and force VaTech to score? And on that particular series, they didn't. They punted.

I am not saying we shouldn't have punted and totally agree. However, I don't think I have ever seen a 4th and goal where a team had to punt. :wtf

'

Ah ok...I gotcha. I agree...I don't think I've ever seen that situation either. My apologies if I sounded harsh. This board seems to still be in complete nuclear meltdown right now.

Key difference here.

Last year against CU when Henery kicked the 56yder, We werent winning.

This year, against VaTech, we were winning.

I've got to say at the time I agreed with the 4th and 1 punt at that time. VT's offense was poor all day. I had confidence the defense could contain them. Part of me asks "What would Osborn have done?". Is our running game so poor we can't gain 1 yard whenever we want? Is that Nebraska Football?

Regardless it shouldn't have come to that. 5 FG's no TD's. We didn't lose a tough game, we failed to win a bad game.

The coaching staff owes nothing to nobody. You're a fan. They don't answer to you or me.

No, that is incorrect. The University represents the 'people of Nebraska', enjoys 'millions in funding' and owes it's fan base 100% whenever and wherever they play. Coaches, just like our elected officals, are not 'above the fans'.

Shaking head..come on folks! I agree with whoever said that the coaching staff doesn't need to answer to any of us or any Nebraska fan for that matter! Yes I think we should of won that game, etc. we deserved the win..but..football is like life..we all make mistakes and sometimes we pay for the mistakes we make! The lesson is to learn from the mistakes we have made and get over it and move on to better ourselves! The Big Twelve Conference starts in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to that. On that note:

L3ORwO5xDUE

We were back near the 40yd line. What else was there to do? We shot ourselves in the foot during that series. The players know it, coaches know and we know it. Could Henery have made that kick? Perhaps. But second guessing does no good. I do know this though. Our defense was playing absolutely phenomonal the 2nd half. So why not punt and force VaTech to score? And on that particular series, they didn't. They punted.

If I recall, we had a couple of situations like that in the game 4th and short and we were on their side of the field and we punted. Get a FB in there and ram it through!! Zac Lee I'm not all that impressed with he was what like 7-30 throwing?? Who does that as QB for a top name school?? Just get Cody Green in there and let him run his 15 plays and let Helu run and probably win.

We have a play to let Suh carry it in?

We have no substitution policy, so we will never see fresh legs eg. Helu 28 caries Rex B 0 carries!

Perhaps TO could teach these coaches how to score in the red zone.

What do you mean we do not need a bull of a fullback?

When Holt scores and the refs says no get a review! Who knew he did score?

If your qb is rattled and missing every pass put in the # 2 QB and don''t try to pass every down in the red zone!

And finally if you are going to bullheaded about the above, please be humble and accept defeat or don't have a media press conference to show you are a rude juvenille who does not know how to be gracious in the defeat you just engineered.

And since you are so loathe to develop these policies get used to losing! dedhoarsededhoarse

Hello.

It's only Bo's second season as a head coach. he'll make a few mistakes, even seasoned coaches do.

Give him some time. A dynasty isn't built in a season or two.

sometimes it takes three.

OK, but tell me how many years does he get to figure out a way to score in the Rerd Zone this is not a new problem. It is a whimpy West Coast Callahan thing that niether Watson nor Pellini has any idea how to fix.

Perhaps, they could walk into TO's office and ask!

other that

We have a play to let Suh carry it in?

We have no substitution policy, so we will never see fresh legs eg. Helu 28 caries Rex B 0 carries!

Perhaps TO could teach these coaches how to score in the red zone.

What do you mean we do not need a bull of a fullback?

When Holt scores and the refs says no get a review! Who knew he did score?

If your qb is rattled and missing every pass put in the # 2 QB and don''t try to pass every down in the red zone!

And finally if you are going to bullheaded about the above, please be humble and accept defeat or don't have a media press conference to show you are a rude juvenille who does not know how to be gracious in the defeat you just engineered.

And since you are so loathe to develop these policies get used to losing! dedhoarsededhoarse

Hello.

It's only Bo's second season as a head coach. he'll make a few mistakes, even seasoned coaches do.

Give him some time. A dynasty isn't built in a season or two.

sometimes it takes three.

The coaching staff owes nothing to nobody. You're a fan. They don't answer to you or me.

Yeah... they do. When fans buy the tickets, mechandise, and attend the camps that help pay their salaries - the fans are owed a lot and a lot of honesty.

So you're sayin Pelini and his coaching staff needs to ask for forgiveness from all of Husker Nation? He should consult the fans first before each and every play? They should seek our advice on how practices go? If that's the case, I call Osborne's office and the rest of you can clean it.

The coaches/university do not owe us, the fans, any explanation as to why they call certain plays. The ONLY time they would owe ANY fan an explanation is IF there were something illegal. To think any fan deserves any type of explanation as to why a coach called a certain play or to explain why they lost a game is asinine.

These coaches are employees of the state of Nebraska This is not a pro team. This team and coach does represent the state and Pellini is the highest paid state employee!

All they have to do is conduct themselves well and act as a ADULT role models.

NOT like a 11 year old throwing a tantrum!

Don't curse. Don't belittle student players. Do not verbally abuse the fans, the media or other teams. Do not spit in the faces of the officals or grab players face masks and scream into their faces!

We own the stadium, the university, and the athletic programs including the 300 sellouts. We own the Husker program and the history! So I agree we do have certain standards we demmand! This is not Colorado or Missouri!

Yeah... they do. When fans buy the tickets, mechandise, and attend the camps that help pay their salaries - the fans are owed a lot and a lot of honesty.

So you're sayin Pelini and his coaching staff needs to ask for forgiveness from all of Husker Nation? He should consult the fans first before each and every play? They should seek our advice on how practices go? If that's the case, I call Osborne's office and the rest of you can clean it.

The coaches/university do not owe us, the fans, any explanation as to why they call certain plays. The ONLY time they would owe ANY fan an explanation is IF there were something illegal. To think any fan deserves any type of explanation as to why a coach called a certain play or to explain why they lost a game is asinine.

I wonder how we ever won the Colorado game last year?

Alex Henery?? Why didn't we punt there? Again?

Are you serious? The CU game was a totally different situation. Less than 2 min left in the game. Yesterday we had 4th and goal from the 40, but it was in the 3rd quarter. This thread reminds me why I quit checking message boards last year. This is the first time I've checked this year. Screw it, see you all next year.

I am not saying we shouldn't have punted and totally agree. However, I don't think I have ever seen a 4th and goal where a team had to punt. :wtf

'

Ah ok...I gotcha. I agree...I don't think I've ever seen that situation either. My apologies if I sounded harsh. This board seems to still be in complete nuclear meltdown right now.

Should Mack Brown have put in his #2 when McCoy was struggling early against TTech last night?

How did starting the #2 QB work out for USC yesterday? Granted their #1 was hurt, but that's besides the point.

How did switching QBs continuously work out for Spurrier at South Carolina last year?

Ask for foregiveness? No way. But they should be honest and forthright when asked questions. Enough coach speak. When they are asked a question, answer it as though another coach behind closed doors asked it.