Missouri @ Nevada

Missouri's run D isn't overly impressive today.

I haven't been overly impressed by anything Missouri has done. There have been a couple of players that have stood out. Wetherspoon of course. He's the real deal, but I'm sure we all knew that. WR Alexander, wow is he that good? My goodness Nevada can't cover him. If he is that good we'll have to contain him. Washington has done nothing. 22 yards rushing for Missouri in the first half. Guess we'll have to see what the second half brings.

I'm wondering if Gabbert is really going to try those types of throws when he gets into conference play? You know the ones that he is running for his life and throws it 30 yards down the sideline on the run? Both of those throws should have been picked off. If I was Pinkel, I think I would be sitting him down and having a talk with him. JMHO

Why we will beat Mizzou:

-Nebraska AT #13 dominates a close game in a hostile place, but blows it late

-Mizzou is struggling to control the game AT a 0-2 opponent where the crowd is a non-factor

Maybe Mizzou will hold on and win which I guess would help when we beat them, but at the same time I wouldn't care if Missouri lost because in the long term they will lose a lot so regardless the win won't show up that big for us at the end of the year.

oh my god. the announcers are all over Gabbert's knob. <_<

but if Gabbert was wearing a "N" on the side of his helmet and ESPN was not all over his knob you would claim ESPN hates Nebraska :)

what would give you reason to say that? I was just commenting because they were all like, "This guy is the real deal, he's gonna be playing on Sundays." Blah blah blah......"Gabbert is really blah blah bah..." Gabbert this, Gabbert that.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent, I was just getting sick of hearing the same ol thing all night. Especially when they talk about playing on Sundays after the kids what, 4th start? Whatever, now that I said that he will probably be on my fantasy team in a few years.

besides, :espnsucks:

Missouri's run D isn't overly impressive today.

Their defense overall is decent, it isnt the best which is why they seem to play catch up in the last half to win the game almost every game with the exception of the Illinois game.

lemme post some stats between their defense and our defense

Mizzou Huskers

Opp Ryds/game 105yd (not bad for playing Ill, BG and Furman 120yd (once again not bad, for playing VT)

Opp Pyds/game 242yd (now this hurts) 186yd (not bad, for losing to VaTech)

Seeing how we rush for over 200yds per game, and pass for close to 250yds per game (thats including VaTech). Mizzou will have their hands full, even if they do have home field advantage.

Lee will have a huge advantage is he can get his attitude together and have the game he should have had against VaTech, and let me tell you why,

Illinois threw for 216 yds against the Tigers

Bowling Green threw for 205 yds the Tigers

Furman threw for 305 yds against the Tigers

Nevada threw for 146 yds against the Tigers (however they gave up 218 yds rushing, the most so far this season in a single game)

So it looks to me with these stats, Mizzou D cant control both aspects of the offensive, they can only control either the run or the pass, not both, which is why i give Huskers the advantage and the win in 2 weeks.

oh my god. the announcers are all over Gabbert's knob. <_<

but if Gabbert was wearing a "N" on the side of his helmet and ESPN was not all over his knob you would claim ESPN hates Nebraska :)

what would give you reason to say that? I was just commenting because they were all like, "This guy is the real deal, he's gonna be playing on Sundays." Blah blah blah......"Gabbert is really blah blah bah..." Gabbert this, Gabbert that.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't have talent, I was just getting sick of hearing the same ol thing all night. Especially when they talk about playing on Sundays after the kids what, 4th start? Whatever, now that I said that he will probably be on my fantasy team in a few years.

besides, :espnsucks:

and last week ABC sounded like Suh's agent in waiting, my god, Suh had 200 tackles in the game...lol It's just funny to read people's perceptions on announcing.