A bit p*ssed Off...

skerfan1705

There was a current thread talking about the Ins and Outs of Nebraska Football....How the times have changed and that we as fans should question ourselves.

Will the streak continue?

Do we judge ourselves too much from what ESPN says.....

You know what... I am damn proud to be a fan that despite the fact that we went 7-7 in 2002 and 5-6 in 2004 and 5-7 in 2007....and of course..not beating a top team on the road for how many years .......I never stopped cheering my F**king guts out for the Huskers. We have lived through the callahan era...we have been Husker faithful for as long as we can remember....

Sorry to be so damn dramatic but we ARE the best fans in college football...the fans that have kept this amazing sell out streak alive...the fans that clap for the skers walking off the field after a losing season.

I love the Big Red and I know you all do too (or you wouldn't even be reading this) and it is time to tell all those "Naysayers" that we will be here for another 300....

f Mizzou (haha) sorry couldn't resist.

There was a current thread talking about the Ins and Outs of Nebraska Football....How the times have changed and that we as fans should question ourselves.

Will the streak continue?

Do we judge ourselves too much from what ESPN says.....

You know what... I am damn proud to be a fan that despite the fact that we went 7-7 in 2002 and 5-6 in 2004 and 5-7 in 2007....and of course..not beating a top team on the road for how many years .......I never stopped cheering my F**king guts out for the Huskers. We have lived through the callahan era...we have been Husker faithful for as long as we can remember....

Sorry to be so damn dramatic but we ARE the best fans in college football...the fans that have kept this amazing sell out streak alive...the fans that clap for the skers walking off the field after a losing season.

I love the Big Red and I know you all do too (or you wouldn't even be reading this) and it is time to tell all those "Naysayers" that we will be here for another 300....

f Mizzou (haha) sorry couldn't resist.

:yeah

Nebraska has 300 consecutive sell outs because we as Cornhusker fans live and die with the teams wins and losses. Win or lose, Memorial Stadium is our "Field of Dreams", where no matter what life brings your way, Nebraska Football is that constant that makes us a proud Husker Nation.

It's brought forth through Generations where many of us remember our Fathers and other relatives in front of the T.V. yelling so loud when Nebraska wins over rival Oklahoma, you know you can be heard for blocks. It's the Husker Fan pride that unites us after Nebraska scoring a Touchdown, you high five people you don't even know at a bar and grill during a game.

I can't imagine being anything other than a Cornhusker Fan. I wasn't even born yet personally when the streak started in 1962. A lot of Husker records might have fallen, but the Consecutive Sellouts will last forever. I have said before, even with 85,000 plus attending the sellouts, if they'd be able to install 100,000 seats in Memorial Stadium, they'd still be selling out game after game.

I give about as much attention to what ESPN says as I do dirt under my fingernail: I'll scrape at it, but once it's gone I go on living.

The sellout streak is a tribute to fan devotion and to cheap ticket prices (cause let's face it, if ticket prices were ridiculously high there would be no sellout streak). But even so, we go to the games because we are Nebraska football just as much as the team is Nebraska football. We care as a collective whole more about our team than anybody else cares about their team in college football.

I was at the 200th sellout (my first Husker game) and now here I am, in college, getting pumped up to go to the 300th. It's amazing.