Kansas fans v. Mizzou fans

SWHusker

I'll first state that this is just my experience with the two fan bases. There's like 18 people on Huskerboard and all 18 will have a different opinion.

I truthfully have not had a bad experience with a KU fan. Sure they talk their smack and can have good banter back and forth with Husker fans but for the most part they strike me as having the attitude of "we're just happy to be here." I have a couple friends who are Rock Chalk fans and when I ask them about their team the say, "well hopefully we can stay healthy and beat who we have to beat and win a couple close ones." When I ask them about their chances against the Huskers they get a look on their face that says, "wow. Tough game." I had one KU fan say to me about their recent success, "we are on a good run right now."

My experience with Mizzou fans has been the total opposite. "Hey Nebraska thanks for keeping our seat warm for us at the top but now we've arrived so...GET UP!" Some of the rudest fans I've sat by at The Memorial were Mizzou fans. It would totally shock me to hear a Mizzou fan say, "we are on a good run right now." All I hear Mizzou fans say are "we're back!" Back? Back to what? How far would some humility go for this program? This year most sportswriters were predicting 8-3 for the Tigers this season and the Tigers fans I knew we're saying they were a legitimate 10-1 team. They weren't being homers they just thought they were back and a force to be reackoned (sp?) with.

I know Mizzou fans could say some similar things about Husker fans being the rudest they've encountered but I'm talking by and large. Are the majority of Husker fans jerks? I think that's a tough argument as most everyone regards Husker fans as class.

So I'll be cheering for the Jayhawks, except for one game. As for cheering for Mizzou...not so much.

What's your take on the two fan bases?

Kansas fans are proud of what they accomplished the last few years, as they should be, but unlike the Missouri fans they do it without boasting or arrogance. The Jayhawk fans on this board are reasonable and level-headed. We've had tons of Mizzou fans come in here and talk sh#t without anything valuable to say. I have no problem with the Jayhawks or their fans, but I hate Mizzou fans and CU fans.

I think I am the best fan and no one can compete with me..........

Sorry, but fan vs fan threads always tickle me....

They are no doubt subjective conversations but there is a reason that Nebraska fans have been highly regarded for all of these years right?

but the key word is "subjective", now if you produce me the guy that has bought a ticket for all 300 sellout games, then by all means, he wins, but if you piggyback off of someone elses money they have spent all these decades and claim you are better then someone else, well then.............

Kansas fans are proud of what they accomplished the last few years, as they should be, but unlike the Missouri fans they do it without boasting or arrogance. The Jayhawk fans on this board are reasonable and level-headed. We've had tons of Mizzou fans come in here and talk sh#t without anything valuable to say. I have no problem with the Jayhawks or their fans, but I hate Mizzou fans and CU fans.

I'll take Fro and some of the MU newcomers to this board who seem to want to talk college FB; I have absolutely no problem with any of them snapping back when someone crosses the line with smack talk. Fro likes a little friendly smack and gives as good as he gets. I hope we don't pull a Tigerboard and act like morons to anyone who visits this board in a respectful manner.

Same above goes for Jayhawk and Jayhawker. Good guys.

Cy and Tuff Tiger are special cases who so iconic that I will go after anyone who seriously attacks them.

Having said all that, I have come to realize that there is a dynamic between Missouri and Kansas that NU fans really, really do not get. The easy explanation goes back to the civil war, and maybe it is that simple. All I know is that you don't get the dynamic if you aren't from one of those states.

NU fans? We are so friggin easy to figure out. It begins and ends with "Go Big Red". I mean, who else would willingly claim dancing banana cobs?

:corndance

I like Kansas fans better. I think this is not surprise...

I can name a lot of good Mizzou people, but they do have a much larger contingent of crazed drunk hillbillies. There are a LOT of drunk Mizzou fans looking for a fight when we play. It is ridiculous, that is why we had to move the game to the day time (and there were drunk KU fans, though not nearly as violent). That said, every school has bad fans, us included, but most KU fans are pretty friendly. If you have a knock on us, we may be a littlt tending toward the country club / suburbs crowd, due to having an ag school in our state to take a lot of rural kids. To me, that would make our jerky fans tend more toward arrogant jerks (think the most obnoxious UT fans, but 1/10 as bad).

P.S. I am gonna challenge anyone who declares war atrocities should be glorified as part of a football rivalry. We hate each other, and we both have our points (we won and are mostly right), but we need to keep it in the bounds of something resembling civil. I am cool with them hating us. I understand why, and reciprocate. But if they were on fire, I would iss on em at least...