Weekly Poll Speculation

So far, we've seen these losses in the top 25:

No. 4 Mississippi

No. 5 Penn State

No. 6 California

No. 9 Miami (thank you, VT!)

No. 18 Florida State

No. 22 North Carolina

At the moment, two other top 25 teams are losing - although the scores and times are such that each could come back and win:

No. 17 Houston (losing to Texas Tech)

No. 24 Washington (losing to Stanford)

So, let the speculation begin - where does Nebraska end up in the polls this week?

So far, we've seen these losses in the top 25:

No. 4 Mississippi

No. 5 Penn State

No. 6 California

No. 9 Miami (thank you, VT!)

No. 18 Florida State

No. 22 North Carolina

At the moment, two other top 25 teams are losing - although the scores and times are such that each could come back and win:

No. 17 Houston (losing to Texas Tech)

No. 24 Washington (losing to Stanford)

So, let the speculation begin - where does Nebraska end up in the polls this week?

If Washington loses, then we move up to 20 to 22. I would be surprised if we move up enouph to go back into the teens this week. But, anything can happen.

It depends whether the voters remember our game last week or whether they just look at our win/loss column. If they've forgotten, we'll hover somewhere around 20. If they remember how well we played and compare that to how VT dismantled Miami, we should be around 15.

As much as I would love to see that happen, not a chance. We still don't get much respect and quite franky, we still have to earn it with a good couple wins against ranked teams. Not just moral victories.

It depends whether the voters remember our game last week or whether they just look at our win/loss column. If they've forgotten, we'll hover somewhere around 20. If they remember how well we played and compare that to how VT dismantled Miami, we should be around 15.

As much as I would love to see that happen, not a chance. We still don't get much respect and quite franky, we still have to earn it with a good couple wins against ranked teams. Not just moral victories.

Agreed. We beat Missouri and we'll have that ranking, perhaps higher depending on who else loses between now and then. But we do need to earn it with results, not just moral victories.

Agreed. We beat Missouri and we'll have that ranking, perhaps higher depending on who else loses between now and then. But we do need to earn it with results, not just moral victories.

I will say this, if we are patient, I believe we will see some great things from this team this year. I feel that Bo and staff have this team on the verge of something incredible. The turn around may not be as far off as we thought going into last year. Nothing more than a gutt feeling but also based on what we have seen thus far. I don't know about all of you but I am very excited about our Huskers, we might see them become a top ten team buy the end of this year. Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!

My guess is around 23 but since most of those teams that lost won't fall out other then North Carolina. Like someone said Iowa probably will jump Nebraska so NU might not even move.

How far down does the Media darling Miami fall since they were credit with big wins over G Tech and Florida State (Which it turns out might not have been a big win after all) to jump up to the 9th rated team. <_<

My guess is around 23 but since most of those teams that lost won't fall out other then North Carolina. Like someone said Iowa probably will jump Nebraska so NU might not even move.

How far down does the Media darling Miami fall since they were credit with big wins over G Tech and Florida State (Witch it turns out might not have been a big win after all) to jump up to the 9th rated team. <_<

The polls are out. We are 24 in the Coaches and 23 in the AP. Frankly, Im disapppointed, I thought we would move up higher.

BTW VTech is 6 in both polls