Aaron Taylor's Championship Rings to be auctioned

Didn't Rogers lose his Heisman? I seriously doubt that you should have listed these items in your bk filing. It could have been argued that they have no value due to the higly personal nature of the items or you gave them to your dad to keep. They would likely have been left out of this.

The problem now is that if pawn shops and collectible buyers out of state get a sniff of this auction, they will run up the price. And, now there is international news on this auction. I saw the story in UK press.

I saw a national championship ring in a pawn shop in Omaha for $5,000.

Will Scott Frost be next in BK and what about Bilyeu. It was my understanding that Bilyeu designed and organized this. It was considered doomed from the start, due to the high cost of buying ground and erecting a building Bilyeu designed. They could have rented a place at Village Point or Lakeside.

Good concept poor execution. And thing you list in BK filing you will probably lose so most people only list big items. We do have a homestead exemption in Nebraska.

"Then with Frost and Bilyeu as partners, and with several other investors that included comedian Larry the Cable Guy (Dan Whitney), they launched the Scarlet and Cream Letter Club.

The gleaming new Husker-themed restaurant opened near the upscale Village Pointe shopping center in 2006, with all new furnishings and fixtures, two 11-by-16-foot TVs among a total of more than 50 overall, and lots of Husker memorabilia, including Taylor's rings and trophy.

A World-Herald reviewer at the time said it was “like a sports bar on steroids.”

Mimicking a sign at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, a sign above the entrance read: “Through these doors pass the greatest patrons in college sports.''

But there obviously weren't enough of them.

Taylor said the business actually ran into problems before it even opened. Rather than rent a retail location, they bought and built their own. Those huge startup costs became too much to overcome, he said, especially when business wasn't as strong as hoped.

There were soon lawsuits from creditors for unpaid bills and liens for unpaid payroll taxes. Most notably, the Nebraska Economic Development Corp. sued Frost, Taylor and Bilyeu after they defaulted on a nearly $1.3 million U.S. Small Business Administration loan for which they were personally responsible.

The restaurant finally closed in October 2007. By then, Taylor had moved from Omaha to North Platte, taking a job as a yardmaster for Union Pacific Railroad. He and his wife have two daughters, one born just a month ago.

Last year, debts incurred from the restaurant failure prompted Taylor to file a personal bankruptcy petition. The Chapter 7 filing specifically listed assets of $5,300 and debts of about $110,000, but that appears to be only a fraction of what he owed.

Subsequent filings in the case mention the $1.3 million economic development loan. A judgment has been entered against Bilyeu in that case, but cases against Frost and Taylor still are pending.

There are other debts, too, with both Frost and Bilyeu on the court's list of creditors. Taylor said he didn't know exactly what his total debt is.

“There are so many numbers out there,'' he said. “It was a big hole.''"

Didn't Rogers lose his Heisman? I seriously doubt that you should have listed these items in your bk filing. It could have been argued that they have no value due to the higly personal nature of the items or you gave them to your dad to keep. They would likely have been left out of this.

The problem now is that if pawn shops and collectible buyers out of state get a sniff of this auction, they will run up the price. And, now there is international news on this auction. I saw the story in UK press.

I saw a national championship ring in a pawn shop in Omaha for $5,000.

We just need to organize a couple hundred people dressed in big red to show up at the auction to "incentivize" any brokers looking run up the prices.

"Oh, you want to bid on that? We'll be waiting outside for you mother fu@#er."

1110 KFAB this morning mentioned something about a paypal account for donations to buy back the hardware.

Will look for link...

I would assume this page HERE would allow the donation.

No, that page does NOT appear to be a legit Paypal link. for those who are donating, please type in the link yourself. By using Bradr's link your account could (will) be compromised.

1110 KFAB this morning mentioned something about a paypal account for donations to buy back the hardware.

Will look for link...

I would assume this page HERE would allow the donation.

No, that page does NOT appear to be a legit Paypal link. for those who are donating, please type in the link yourself. By using Bradr's link your account could (will) be compromised.

Thanks, link removed. Thats where it took me, but the cms thing at the beginning is a bit strange I suppose...

Edit: I double checked, thats the correct link, but Joe is right. You're being a dumb@ss if you are following links on a message board and donating money without researching it yourself. Best of luck to Taylor regardless