Faithful?

OK, I watched the NU vs MU game Thursday night... In a motel room. In Martin, South Dakota. Alone. Sober. Gut wrenching, swear filled, disappointed, elated... Yeah, I had it ALL. Here's the best thing I can see out of this game. Hey, we won. It's a 'w'. More importantly, we CAME BACK from a deficit and we won. Our D is pretty good and Suh and Crick really deserve the finest meats and cheeses. I was impressed that the D kept after it in that game for as long as they did. THAT is 'fire' in your coaching, but more importantly, that is CONDITIONING on the individual players part. THAT takes some dedication and belief. Them boys on DEFENSE are tough and strong. Offense? I don't wanna toss 'em under any bus, I think Zac Lee lead very well and stepped up. I think, for the next game the O line needs more fire. I think they're athletic enough, strong enuff and smart enuff. Where I'm concerned is I think they need rabies. Know what I mean? Now granted the NU teams of the 90's were pretty dominating overall and I think that competition breeds that 'fire' in your players, but what was it that made the teams of the 90's play like they were literally ON FIRE...? My LORD, watch some clips of those teams from back then.... Watch those Peters boys on defense, my GAWD, they look like RAPID ROTTWEILERS before, during and after every play!!! Granted, D line and O line are different animals, but what if our O line started playing like RABID PIT BULLS to create those holes we need to establish the rush, to open things up...? I think our team is only about 2-3 dedicated players away from being REALLY powerful. You put one more SUH in that defense and add one or two more playmakers on the O line, and we break OUT big time. This is my point; (yes, I actually have one!): The BEST thing we have to show out of our last game is that it showed our team that they CAN OVERCOME. EVEN when behind in a game, they CAN come back. Now, NU used to be kind of famous for being known as a '4th quarter team' (which I always equated to strength conditioning and belief in yourself and your system)... I think we've got that back! I watched Zac Lee and his 'crazy eyes' in that game. I think he is a thinner, offensive version of Jason Peter. It appears he's got 'the fire'. He plays a little rabid. I like that. He takes a good hit, bounces back up and he is 'PUMPED'! You watch, I'll bet we get some 'break out' players show up in our offense this next game... I don't know if we can smoke Tech, but at the end of four, I hope they KNOW they have played a football game. I'm not taking anything away from MU, and no way am I overlooking Texas Tech, but I think that last game may have taught our guys how to 'lead' in a football contest. GO BIG RED!!! I predict: NU 117, Tech: 3

OK, I watched the NU vs MU game Thursday night... In a motel room. In Martin, South Dakota. Alone. Sober. Gut wrenching, swear filled, disappointed, elated... Yeah, I had it ALL. Here's the best thing I can see out of this game. Hey, we won. It's a 'w'. More importantly, we CAME BACK from a deficit and we won. Our D is pretty good and Suh and Crick really deserve the finest meats and cheeses. I was impressed that the D kept after it in that game for as long as they did. THAT is 'fire' in your coaching, but more importantly, that is CONDITIONING on the individual players part. THAT takes some dedication and belief. Them boys on DEFENSE are tough and strong. Offense? I don't wanna toss 'em under any bus, I think Zac Lee lead very well and stepped up. I think, for the next game the O line needs more fire. I think they're athletic enough, strong enuff and smart enuff. Where I'm concerned is I think they need rabies. Know what I mean? Now granted the NU teams of the 90's were pretty dominating overall and I think that competition breeds that 'fire' in your players, but what was it that made the teams of the 90's play like they were literally ON FIRE...? My LORD, watch some clips of those teams from back then.... Watch those Peters boys on defense, my GAWD, they look like RAPID ROTTWEILERS before, during and after every play!!! Granted, D line and O line are different animals, but what if our O line started playing like RABID PIT BULLS to create those holes we need to establish the rush, to open things up...? I think our team is only about 2-3 dedicated players away from being REALLY powerful. You put one more SUH in that defense and add one or two more playmakers on the O line, and we break OUT big time. This is my point; (yes, I actually have one!): The BEST thing we have to show out of our last game is that it showed our team that they CAN OVERCOME. EVEN when behind in a game, they CAN come back. Now, NU used to be kind of famous for being known as a '4th quarter team' (which I always equated to strength conditioning and belief in yourself and your system)... I think we've got that back! I watched Zac Lee and his 'crazy eyes' in that game. I think he is a thinner, offensive version of Jason Peter. It appears he's got 'the fire'. He plays a little rabid. I like that. He takes a good hit, bounces back up and he is 'PUMPED'! You watch, I'll bet we get some 'break out' players show up in our offense this next game... I don't know if we can smoke Tech, but at the end of four, I hope they KNOW they have played a football game. I'm not taking anything away from MU, and no way am I overlooking Texas Tech, but I think that last game may have taught our guys how to 'lead' in a football contest. GO BIG RED!!! I predict: NU 117, Tech: 3

There is a hotel in Martin, SD? That place is the butt hole of South Dakota.

There is a hotel in Martin, SD? That place is the butt hole of South Dakota.

No, that would be Athol, South Dakota

Actually, I stayed at the Crossroads Inn in Martin and it was VERY nice, nothing fancy, but very clean, oh, and very courteous staff... I ate a good burger (not like Chase ate, either...) at a little cafe there where I was treated very well. I'll tell you, I've been treated MUCH WORSE in bigger communities, Martin was good to me...

I was only there overnight, I'm easy to please I guess... Now, GO BIG RED!!!!