Lou Holtz comments on the Neb-Tech game

Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf

That's his best commentary in years.

Remember Lou Holtz was backing up Nebraska when Herbstreit was throwing his hissy fit about the best College Football team ever.

Exactly. Lou seems to really like Nebraska. The only time he annoys me is when he pushes Notre Dame as such a great team every year and every year is their year. Other than that, he's a good guy. :D

I couldn't agree more. He is a little tough to listen to for an extended period of time, but he always gives Nebraska props. Herbstreit is a complete jacka$$. I do hate how Lou is always up on Notre Dames' jock... It gets old.

I'm not a big Jason Peter fan but his section on Lou Holtz in Hero of the Underground raised my eyebrows.

Basically, Peter's friend was highly recruited by Notre Dame and committed to them. Before he could set foot on campus he suffered a career ending injury. (I think it was a car accident.) Peter said Holtz revoked his scholarship and didn't visit, call, or even write a letter to the young man while he was in rehab. During that time Tom Osborne visited the hurt player even though he wasn't a Nebraska recruit and never would be. Peter said that Lou Holtz was lower than snake sh!t and he would love to be able to get one punch at him.

Interesting story.

I'm not a big Jason Peter fan but his section on Lou Holtz in Hero of the Underground raised my eyebrows.

Basically, Peter's friend was highly recruited by Notre Dame and committed to them. Before he could set foot on campus he suffered a career ending injury. (I think it was a car accident.) Peter said Holtz revoked his scholarship and didn't visit, call, or even write a letter to the young man while he was in rehab. During that time Tom Osborne visited the hurt player even though he wasn't a Nebraska recruit and never would be. Peter said that Lou Holtz was lower than snake sh!t and he would love to be able to get one punch at him.

Interesting story.

I've got to get that book...

The same thing happened to Jason's little brother in a diving accident, who previously had been a Nebraska recruit, and was also visited in the Hospital by Mack Brown? I believe I read somewhere.

Audio from Jim Rome show (Jason on Lou) Nice insight as to why ND was not the dynasty they should have been...

JASON PETER HAS A PEP TALK FOR YOU

6333-holtzwl.jpg

Former Nebraska defensive end and NFL washout Jason Peter won't be jumping on the "Lou Holtz for prethident!" bandwagon anytime soon, holding as he does a lingering grudge toward the befuddled lisping former coach for the way he treated one of Peter's brothers when he was a recruit for Notre Dame.

Damian Peter, a 6-foot-7, 300-plus pound offensive lineman from Middletown, N.J., was a member of Notre Dame's February, 1994 recruiting class. That summer, however, Peter was seriously injured in a swimming pool accident, breaking the C5 vertebrae in his neck. For several days, doctors feared he might never walk again.

According to Jason Peter, the author of "Hero of the Underground," Holtz did not call Damian or establish contact during the course of that summer.\

"I still wouldn't turn down the opportunity to spit in Lou Holtz's (bleeping) face," Peter writes in the book, which hit bookshelves on July 8. "Each Saturday in the fall when Holtz makes his jovial, dumb … remarks on ESPN, I hope he knows that there's at least one family on the other side of the screen, the Peter family, that knows what a — – — he really is."

I'm guessing "doddering old coot" isn't what's being edited over in that sentence, because every family in America is aware of that by now. Perhaps "Betty White impersonator"? But how would only his family know that?

Such deviants, those Peters