Lou Holtz comments on the Neb-Tech game

Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf Fmmmffmfmmfmf fmfmmfmmfmfmmfmf fmmfmfmmfmf mfmfmmfmfmmmfm mfmfmmfmfmmfm

mmmmmfmmfmfmmfmffffmfmf fmfmfmmfmfmfmmfmf fmfmmfmfmmfmfmmfmmf

I like Lou Holtz a lot and actually he's one of the best motivational speakers from what some of my uncles have told me. He's got some interesting stuff to say and sometimes he does not like the Florida/Notre Dame BCS NC title game for this year.

Remember Lou Holtz was backing up Nebraska when Herbstreit was throwing his hissy fit about the best College Football team ever.

Sometimes he just babbles on and on but most of the time he is a good analyst. He was a good coach so he knows what he is talking about.

He does have a tendency to babble but for the most part he is really good. Although I still miss Trev on there. He always stood up for Nebraska going that Mark May.

Yeah Lou does not have that, "Mark, I am going to pound your face, b/c you are a moron" attitude like Trev had. :) I do miss Trev on that show, I still can't believe that May still has that job...

I like Lou Holtz a lot and actually he's one of the best motivational speakers from what some of my uncles have told me. He's got some interesting stuff to say and sometimes he does not like the Florida/Notre Dame BCS NC title game for this year.

Remember Lou Holtz was backing up Nebraska when Herbstreit was throwing his hissy fit about the best College Football team ever.

I think Lou was actually backing up his fav. era..not so much us.. :dunno

51Hv-v5ClAL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

If you ever get a chance, read "Under the Tarnished Dome".

Our own "Nutritional" program takes some hits, too.(Where ND hired Boyd Epley's top assistant to take over their doping..er.."Nutritional program"..But it left me with an impression of Lou's Evil side that I still cannot shake...And pretty much backs up what Jason Peter later said about Lou in his book..(He has no use for injured players)..

I enjoy watching/listening to him in spite of his horrible deeds, but I always feel compelled to wipe off my TV afterwards.. :dunno

Under the Tarnished Dome : How Notre Dame Betrayed its Ideals for Football Glory

Sporting News, The, Oct 18 , 1993 by Steve Gietschier

" ..The lyrics to the fabled "Notre Dame Victory March" exhort the faithful to "cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame," but it is clear from the evidence presented in this book the only kind of cheer the new Notre Dame merits is a Bronx one.

Notre Dame promotes itself as a great university where academics come first and football second. Maybe that was once accurate. The point Yaeger and Looney make forcefully and convincingly is that such a pose, now that Lou Holtz is firmly entrenched, is hypocritical pretension.

The authors lay responsibility for this lowering of standards unequivocally at the feet of Holtz. Their thesis is the last coach to buy into the Notre Dame myth totally was Holtz's predecessor, Gerry Faust. He did everything the school's ideal demanded except win. Holtz promised to correct that deficiency and was given a certain latitude to do so.

Understand that Yaeger and Looney are not accusing Holtz of doing anything worse than what many college football programs do. They charge that Notre Dame recruits academic misfits, winks at steroid use, pressures students to play hurt and condones trash-talking, pregame fights and off-the-field hell-raising. But - and this is the essence of their argument - Notre Dame dissembles as a matter of policy and pretends that none of this is true.

The authors' investigation of Holtz's redshirting is particularly telling. Holtz denies he uses this legal practice and makes this denial part of his recruiting pitch. Yet more than a few Irish freshmen discover they are not going to get into any games because they have been relegated to a "developmental squad."

Faust redshirted players, too, but that is the only departure from the straight and narrow the authors pin on him or any other Notre Dame coach. Fair or not, they concentrate almost exclusively on Holtz, not only at South Bend but also at two of his previous stops, Arkansas and Minnesota. These chapters run on a bit, but they indicate clearly that Holtz came to the Irish with a checkered past.

Some would say Holtz has restored Notre Dame to its rightful place near the top of the college football heap and ask what is wrong with that? Yaeger and Looney ask their readers to consider the price of this success. Holtz has a winning sense of humor and is a powerful speaker. But he has his dark side, too. In the authors' view, administrators seem not to care. Perhaps they are content to close their eyes to a situation they simply do not wish to acknowledge. In any case, this book stands up extremely well. The tons of testimony it offers are the stuff of which legends are laid bare.

Editorial Reviews

From Booklist

Because it was not available in galley form, this controversial expos{‚}e of corruption in the Notre Dame football program was not available for early review in Upfront. However, Notre Dame grad and devoted Irish football fan Will Manley has his say on the book in this issue's Manley Arts. See p.219. Bill Ott --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Product Description

"Under the Tarnished Dome" is the bestselling book that rocked the Notre Dame football program. Don Yaeger and Douglas S. Looney investigate the contrast between the Notre Dame image--that of a place where wins on the field are no more important than the integrity off it--and the Notre Dame football program's reality, with trash talking, rampant steroid use, pregame fights, and academic misconduct.

Part history and part investigative journalism--the authors interviewed 150 people for this book, including nearly 100 former Notre Dame football players--this is a stunning indictment of the school's administration and especially of present-day Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz.

???????

Making fun of someone because of a defect just isn't funny.

T_O_B

Sorry, T.O.B...

But it is to me in some cases...

BTW..What "defect" are you talking about?

Lou has what is called a 'lisp.' His extemporaneous comments tend to ramble a bit, I just think his 'mouth' can't keep up with his mind. He is an incrediblly good motivational speaker and personally I like the guy alot.

T_O_B

???????

Making fun of someone because of a defect just isn't funny.

T_O_B

Sorry, T.O.B...

But it is to me in some cases...

BTW..What "defect" are you talking about?

Lou has what is called a 'lisp.' His extemporaneous comments tend to ramble a bit, I just think his 'mouth' can't keep up with his mind. He is an incrediblly good motivational speaker and personally I like the guy alot.

T_O_B

That's been said about me.."Mouth can't keep up with ma braims"..

Don't really think of it as a "defect"..I even took Speech classes where the instructor had me speak with Marbles in my mouth to help keep me from mumbling while talking so fast..Almost sounds like Lou forgot to take his out. :laughpound

My youngest Niece has a slight cleft pallet which I also thought Lou might have..only much worse than her's.

She and I both joke about our difficulty being understood by "Normal People"...

But I don't think you should have to be afflicted with Speech impediments to be able to joke about them. :dumdum

We all have some sort of "defects".