Tech's offense was stopped, the NU offense SUCKED!

rkhufu7

The defense played well enough to beat Tech, if the offense would have showed up. This Tech team had a wounded DL vs UT, they went with a 3 man front and they had a different QB.

We've established that we sucked yesterday. Either we played above our means in the VT and Missouri game, or those two teams are not as good as we believed. Or could it be that we got to patting ourselves on the back for climbing up the rating ladder? Inexcusable given a prime time ABC game, but even on this board posters were pondering about next weeks ranking before we even played the TT game. I think it was a combination of poor attention to the task at hand, a very good coach exploiting our offensive weaknesses, and some poor offensive coaching. I do have to tsk tsk Bo for that. I know he is the defensive mind, but he needs to be the captain of the offensive side as well. The entire second half we played in a panic mode- put in Green, take green out, try this one for a few plays or a series, take that one out, etc... It like we got into a hole early with that lateral pass, dropped and returned for a TT TD and we had this self-fullfilling prophecy that nothing was going to go right. And that is exactly what happend.