Our Fans

beanman

It makes me sad to read this thread. I am 32 and a season ticket holder. You can be loud and not stand up. Nothing wrong with yelling from your seat.

The older folks are the reason we have the facilities that draw the players here. They are the ones making the donations for the season tickets. I know it is expensive, but it is hard for me to read all of this disrespect toward the fans that have been with us for years. When I take my older father with me to the game he can't stand up the whole game but wants to be there in person to watch. I should not have to tell him to stay home.

Please remember we will all be older one day and I don't know about you but I will still want to go to husker games!

The media does think we have good fans, but how many times in the last few years have you watched a game and seen an announcer remark about how quiet it is? Maybe we need to play all night games, for some reason our fans actually get into it in a night game no matter what.

Maybe the team on the field needs to give fans something to cheer about. The visiting team always has the opportunity to control the crowd noise. It's the home team's job to stop them and keep the crowd in the game.

It makes me sad to read this thread. I am 32 and a season ticket holder. You can be loud and not stand up. Nothing wrong with yelling from your seat.

The older folks are the reason we have the facilities that draw the players here. They are the ones making the donations for the season tickets. I know it is expensive, but it is hard for me to read all of this disrespect toward the fans that have been with us for years. When I take my older father with me to the game he can't stand up the whole game but wants to be there in person to watch. I should not have to tell him to stay home.

Please remember we will all be older one day and I don't know about you but I will still want to go to husker games!

The people around me who wouldn't stand up and yell weren't even old. They all looked to be in their 30s. What's their excuse? The only person I would have called 'old' was the lady sitting next to my brother, who wasn't even in her 60s yet. As uncomfortable as those seats are, my ass was very sore by the end of the game.

No one yells from their seat either. They sit there and bitch about how bad we are. We don't have much of a homefield advantage when the other team can take our fans out of the game within 5 minutes. <_<

The media does think we have good fans, but how many times in the last few years have you watched a game and seen an announcer remark about how quiet it is? Maybe we need to play all night games, for some reason our fans actually get into it in a night game no matter what.

Maybe the team on the field needs to give fans something to cheer about. The visiting team always has the opportunity to control the crowd noise. It's the home team's job to stop them and keep the crowd in the game.

So if the opposing team makes a big play everyone has the right to sit there and be quiet? That's lame. If they are at their 20 and complete a 60 yard pass, that is when we should be the loudest, because they are in our red zone and that is when our team needs our help. If we don't cheer they may as well play their games somewhere else. You should stay into the game and continue yelling because you love your team. You must have been one of the thousands leaving during the 3rd quarter.

What do you expect. The cost to get season tickets prices out young families. The young fans are there on gift tickets not usually season tix holders!

Through all the nonsense in this thread, this is the one post that gets ignored, yet the only one that gets it right.

:clap

If I could afford season tickets I would jump all over them. But the whole donation thing really stinks (even though it does pay for new facilities an what not). I realize you don't have to make a donation but those who do will just jump you in the wait list and get the better seats. Someday, maybe someday I will be able to afford them!

The reason the fans have been regarded as so good is because the team has been so good. Plain and simple. All people react the same way. If your team is disappointing you will sit there and get angry, boo, etc., and generally not be a "good" fan. Nebraska was so good for so long that that side of the fans never came out. Now it is trying times and the fans react exactly as fans do...with frustration. Happens everywhere. Why do all of the top tier teams have "good" fan bases? Because they are winners!!!

the game was quiet in general. there was never the feel of a big home game... it seemed as if the fans were treating it as ISU or Baylor coming in and assumed we were there to stomp Tech. The husker power chant before the tunnel walk was as weak as it's been all year, and the tunnel walk itself was a joke. the fans never got into the game in the pregame and didn't have much of a chance after that.

I noticed that as well. I've been going to games for 5 years now and that was by far the quietest tunnel walk I have ever heard. The crowd was barely even cheering. It is a really weird feel in Lincoln these days. I don't understand how the crowd can't even get pumped for a game at home with their favorite team (the skers) against a good opponent. Just strange. Baffling.