Taylor the next Dailey??

Many forget that while Zac Taylor was still the # 2 QB, he lit up the Blackshirts, in a scrimmage game back in April.

During the two-hour scrimmage, Taylor had a two-possession stretch where he was 6 for 6 for 114 yards, including touchdown passes of 1 yard to fullback Dane Todd and 35 yards to receiver Isaiah Fluellen. Taylor later added a 27-yard screen pass to I-back Cory Ross for a score.

Zac completed 17 of 30 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns, with one interception, while playing almost exclusively with the first-string offense. Starter Joe Dailey, went 7-for-19 passing for 80 yards, with an interception.

And before some say that the Blackshirt defense held back, you sure couldn't tell it, with Adam Carriker, Le Kevin Smith, Titus Adams and Jay Moore all laying the smack down on Zac time and time again.. Jay even busted Zac's lip and then leveled Taylor on three consecutive plays..

On the day. Jay Moore had three sacks, Adam Carriker, Adam Ickes, Barry Cryer, Le Kevin Smith and Bo Ruud also recorded sacks.

This was pretty funny.. Zac Taylor's mother, Julie, winced in the stands at one point as the 6-2, 305-pound LeKevin Smith stormed into the backfield virtually untouched and flattened Zac. lol

Who knows how many yards Zac would have thrown had he had better protection.

This is what Bill Callahan said after the scrimmage.

"A few of the quarterbacks' heads bounced off the turf," Callahan said. "We have a lot of work to do in our offensive line. Nonetheless, it was good to see the quarterbacks get in the fray and get a feel for where they're at in the pocket.

Taylor will succeed where Daily failed because he is a west coast quarterback. Daily was playing in a system not meant for him or his type of quarterback for that matter. Yea of course Daily will be better this year just because he knows the system better, but Taylor is made to play in the WCO and that will be the difference between them.

Yea of course Daily will be better this year just because he knows the system better

Joe's gone dude. He won't be running any system this year.

Back to the subject, Taylor better be better then Joey D. We can not go through another season of crappy reads followed up with crappy throws. So that being said Taylor will NOT be the next Dailey.(hopefully no QB from now on will be)

Many forget that while Zac Taylor was still the # 2 QB, he lit up the Blackshirts, in a scrimmage game back in April.

During the two-hour scrimmage, Taylor had a two-possession stretch where he was 6 for 6 for 114 yards, including touchdown passes of 1 yard to fullback Dane Todd and 35 yards to receiver Isaiah Fluellen. Taylor later added a 27-yard screen pass to I-back Cory Ross for a score.

Zac completed 17 of 30 passes for 223 yards and three touchdowns, with one interception, while playing almost exclusively with the first-string offense. Starter Joe Dailey, went 7-for-19 passing for 80 yards, with an interception.

And before some say that the Blackshirt defense held back, you sure couldn't tell it, with Adam Carriker, Le Kevin Smith, Titus Adams and Jay Moore all laying the smack down on Zac time and time again..  Jay even busted Zac's lip and then leveled Taylor on three consecutive plays..

On the day. Jay Moore had three sacks, Adam Carriker, Adam Ickes, Barry Cryer, Le Kevin Smith and Bo Ruud also recorded sacks.

This was pretty funny.. Zac Taylor's mother, Julie, winced in the stands at one point as the 6-2, 305-pound LeKevin Smith stormed into the backfield virtually untouched and flattened Zac. lol

"A few of the quarterbacks' heads bounced off the turf," Callahan said. "We have a lot of work to do in our offensive line. Nonetheless, it was good to see the quarterbacks get in the fray and get a feel for where they're at in the pocket.

Based on the 2004 Defensive performance, is that really all that special? ;)

Just kidding. I think Taylor will be much improved over Dailey, but I don't think Taylor is the second coming that some make him out to be.

And before some say that the Blackshirt defense held back, you sure couldn't tell it, with Adam Carriker, Le Kevin Smith, Titus Adams and Jay Moore all laying the smack down on Zac time and time again..  Jay even busted Zac's lip and then leveled Taylor on three consecutive plays..

Based on the 2004 Defensive performance, is that really all that special? ;)

Just kidding. I think Taylor will be much improved over Dailey, but I don't think Taylor is the second coming that some make him out to be.

No I guess it isn't all that special. :lol: However it's a good start.

I'm not trying to make Zac out as the second coming either, however looking at what Nebraska has had to work with over the last few years, we better hope either he or Beck is the real deal...

One of the reasons, I like Zac is, he is 22 or 23, he should be more seasoned and experienced than Beck at 17. Also since Zac's dad is a former OU player/captain and football coach, there won't be anything that should catch Zac off guard..

Zac's been around it all his life... We'll see how it plays out in the next two years... :cheers

From what my dad said of Zac, his out pattern passes were on the money. Something Joe definetly stuggled at. It's going to be interesting when Harrison comes to town and competes for the job. Does anyone know about how the other QB's are doing? Jordan Adams sounds like a memory righ now....

This is just my thoughts, but at least now whenever I hear the words ( Zac Taylor back to pass) I won't cringe and expect the worse all the time... :lol:

I'll admit during the spring game, I gringed a few times when I heard over the radio that Zac was dropping back to pass.. I just knew that he was going to throw some picks.. Maybe I was having flashbacks to last year with Joe... But after a few series, I warmed up to the fact, that this kid could look off more than one or two WR's, and could pinpoint his passes... even if it was against the second and third teamers.

Sure I'll reserve judgement until after Nebraska plays someone decent ( like Wake Forest or Pitt) but like I said at the top, for now I won't cringe or think the worse every time Zac drops back to pass the ball.

:lol:

I think Taylor will have a great game against Wake Forrest. Wasn't he part of the Demon Deacons at one point before transferring to that community college?

Anyone interested in getting any Nebraska broadcast games on DVD let me know, just pay for shipping and handling, that's all :)

Husker Fan sharing the wealth

This is just my thoughts, but at least now whenever I hear the words ( Zac Taylor back to pass) I won't cringe and expect the worse all the time... :lol:

I'll admit during the spring game, I gringed a few times when I heard over the radio that Zac was dropping back to pass.. I just knew that he was going to throw some picks.. Maybe I was having flashbacks to last year with Joe... But after a few series, I warmed up to the fact, that this kid could look off more than one or two WR's, and could pinpoint his passes... even if it was against the second and third teamers.

Sure I'll reserve judgement until after Nebraska plays someone decent ( like Wake Forest or Pitt) but like I said at the top, for now I won't cringe or think the worse every time Zac drops back to pass the ball.

:lol:

Yeah, and from what I've read Zac and Hardy have that 5 step drop down pat. This has got to help Zac knowing his number one receiver from Butler is out there on the wing. And Hardy has three years left.