WARNING, WARNING,...........

Sticky 2 posts at the top when we lose, called the rant thread and the sunshine thread. Delete them both on Tuesday morning, it's part of the healing process and kind of like religion. Some people read a book and think they should save people, others read it and think they should kill people.

I think that sums up the reactions of Husker fans that watch the same game, yet have a different take.

I still see us going 9-3 with one more loss to OU and winning the big 12 north not a bad season

:sarcasm

:wtfUh...what game WERE you watching Saturday?

Because it wasn't the Huskers and Tech....

Ah, if there's one thing we've learned, it's to base all our assessments wholly on the outcome of the previous game played.

I still see us going 9-3 with one more loss to OU and winning the big 12 north not a bad season

Ah, if there's one thing we've learned, it's to base all our assessments wholly on the outcome of the previous game played.

And that Husker_Trucker comes out in melt down mode whenever possible.

Or ignore all the redflags that have been going up until you finaly have to admit theres a problem kinda like a defense that is almost last in everything two years ago. <_<<_<

What I'm confused about is how everyone goes from thinking Nebraska is on top after they pulled off the win in Columbia, now we lose to Tech and all the sudden, the wheels fall completely off, and they are a terrible team who willl be lucky to win anymore games???? Did everyone forget that we are still tied in the front with KU for first in the north and we are 4-2?? Should we really be going into some freak out panic mode because of this..... no, and come on, mizzou is 0-2, that should give all of Husker Nation atleast one reason to smile.

What I'm confused about is how everyone goes from thinking Nebraska is on top after they pulled off the win in Columbia, now we lose to Tech and all the sudden, the wheels fall completely off, and they are a terrible team who willl be lucky to win anymore games???? Did everyone forget that we are still tied in the front with KU for first in the north and we are 4-2?? Should we really be going into some freak out panic mode because of this..... no, and come on, mizzou is 0-2, that should give all of Husker Nation atleast one reason to smile.

Actually KSux is 1st in the North at 2-1. Missouri is in the cellar, 0-2 and about to be 0-3. Last time I checked we started 0-2 last year and finished 5-3 in the conference tied for the North. If we can beat ISU, Baylor, KSux and either sCUm or KU we will again be 5-3. I don't see any team other than MU with a chance to win 5 in the North total beside us. Mizwho would have to run the table after Texas this weekend (means beating KU) I think NU wins the North by default this year. KU would have to beat KSux, then 3 out of NU, MU, Texas, OU and Texas Tech. I say KU knocks off MU and maybe us, So that'd make them 4-4, MU 4-4 and NU 5-3. Like I said, NU wins the North by default, if the Big XII North was our goal, then beating MU was our most important game of the year (unless we have a dud against KSux, ISU or Baylor).

And that Husker_Trucker comes out in melt down mode whenever possible.

Nope...not in melt down mode, it isn't to that point. Disappointed, yeah...but then realistically we are where we should be right now with this program, like it or not. There was a lot of damage done under BC, not only in terms of personnel, but in terms of attitude. This team has to "know" that they are going to win, not just think they have a chance to win. They need to believe they can dominate, not just hold their own.

This team just has a long way to go before it is going to be looked upon seriously as a contender. Right now you don't know which team will show up week to week, the one thing that has become consistent is the offense being consistently woeful. The defense has gotten better, and is the only thing that gives this team a chance to win each week, though they usually have one or two big plays that they give up, usually in the 2nd half.

If anything, realism has finally set in, and we can see that we aren't as good as we were hoping for. Also, realistically it will probably be another 2 years before we are at the place we want to be. So, before the next spring game, hide the Kool Aide, and let's realize that we are not there yet, not even close to being there...we knew that it would take time to fix the problems. And it is going to be painful trying to replace Suh. So Melt Down mode is not in order, if we come in next season and go to hell in a hand bag, then it might, but I don't think Bo will let that happen.

Also, Bo is still learning. One thing I think he will learn from this year is that you have to recruit more on the offensive side of the ball for linemen, you can't just recruit defense and think it will take care of you. You still have to score... Bo also needs to settle down a bit when dealing with officials, because he is not helping the team with his tirades. He will be a good coach, and we are lucky to have him. I think we are also lucky that Osborne is in the picture to mentor him some when needed.

If I go into meltdown, I won't be doing it on here. Hopefully...maybe...