Lance Armstrong the best athlete EVER

Not to mention he's hitting Sheryl Crow.

Lance > all

Hittin Sheryl Crow earns him big time bonus points in my book.

But based on overall athletic ability, I'm guessing he is no where near as physically gifted as Michael Jordan. But comparing two guys within different sports is pretty impossible.

Each dominated their respective sports but both sports are so incredibaly different, you know that MJ would beat Lance in Basketball and Lance would beat MJ in a bike race.

Not to mention he's hitting Sheryl Crow.

Lance > all

So did Kid Rock, Clapton, and Lenord Kravitz. So it really isn't that impressive. I guess he was the first to date her after she completely re-did her face. :thumbs

Yea, but which of those won 7 TDF's?!

See? Lance still > all

Kid Rock went Platinum 7 times. :horns2 Still not that impressive that he dates Sheryl Crow.

Look at it this way. If Michael Jordan spent his life training to be an endurance athlete, and was a biker, I guarantee that he could be pretty decent. Not like Lance Armstrong, but not a bad bicyclist. Lance can spend as much time shooting hoops as he wants, but he still cant throw down a 360, or even make a college basketball team. Pure atleticism is determined by one's ability to be good at almost any sport that you pick up, and among athletes, the only possible considerations can be between Jim Thorpe, Babe Zaharias, and maybe Bo Jackson. All three were fast, strong, had tremendous eye hand coordination and agility, and were able to develop the skills to dominate in many different sports.

Pure atleticism is determined by one's ability to be good at almost any sport that you pick up, and among athletes, the only possible considerations can be between Jim Thorpe, Babe Zaharias, and maybe Bo Jackson. All three were fast, strong, had tremendous eye hand coordination and agility, and were able to develop the skills to dominate in many different sports.

I was just going to mention Bo. He dominated the field in both sports. I don't know much about Thorpe because I didn't get to see him in action like I did Bo. Too bad he was hurt by a Bengal. Plus, Bo definitely had the best shoes!

Lance is a great CYCLIST and a strong-willed human being who has provided Americans with inspiration. I do not think that cements him as the greatest athlete to ever walk on this planet. One's view of a truly great athlete is subjective. Lance won 7 TDF's, Miguel Indurain won 5, is Miguel the second best athlete ever? I don't think so. He was a great cyclist, though.

I'd have to say Jim Brown might be the best athlete ever. Still one of the top 3-5 running backs to ever play the game and walked away from it when he was 29. Regarded as quite possibly the greatest lacrosse player, EVER. In the Hall of Fame for 2 different sports. Jackie Robinson ranks right up there as well. Excelled in 4 sports at UCLA. Baseball, basketball, football, and track and field before finally settling on baseball.