Media

huskers1

I just got done watching the post game with Bo and noticed that they do the same thing to him every time they talk to him after a loss. They ask the dumbest questions anyone can ask. "Are you angry Bo?" "Did the defense carry the team today Bo?" What the hell do you think? Is he mad? No he's happy we had 8 damn TO's, he happy we lost to the worst team in the north. No dumbass, the offense obviously carried the team today, those 7 points were obviously the highlight of the game. Everyone wants to make Bo out to be this mean, hardass guy who just goes off on the media after games. It's obvious to me that the media is egging him on, trying to make him out to be this rude, hot head that can't handle losses. If you were as competitive as Bo and you just got done watching your team play as bad as they did on Sat. are you telling me if someone asked you those questions you wouldn't get mad? Give me a break..the media has to look at themselves and realize SOME of them are the problem.

I just got done watching the post game with Bo and noticed that they do the same thing to him every time they talk to him after a loss. They ask the dumbest questions anyone can ask. "Are you angry Bo?" "Did the defense carry the team today Bo?" What the hell do you think? Is he mad? No he's happy we had 8 damn TO's, he happy we lost to the worst team in the north. No dumbass, the offense obviously carried the team today, those 7 points were obviously the highlight of the game. Everyone wants to make Bo out to be this mean, hardass guy who just goes off on the media after games. It's obvious to me that the media is egging him on, trying to make him out to be this rude, hot head that can't handle losses. If you were as competitive as Bo and you just got done watching your team play as bad as they did on Sat. are you telling me if someone asked you those questions you wouldn't get mad? Give me a break..the media has to look at themselves and realize SOME of them are the problem.

Agree, they def. need some new material.

How about the question, "Have you seen alot of Fumble in practice?". What are you really expecting from that question.

Seriously. Every time I see a press conference for any sporting event, especially with Nebraska and Bo Pelini (as I watch NU conferences more since I give somewhat more of a crap about what the Nebraska media and the coaches talk about) I have to wonder aloud, "Why do they pay these guys?" These are the "qualified" personnel that are so highly sought after by press organizations everywhere? Give me a break man. It says something about Bo's patience that he hasn't jumped across the table, run into the crowd, and gone Nolan Ryan vs. Robin Ventura on the idiot reporter.

As much as he does not like the media, that is part of his job, not saying he has to be all cooperative with everyone especially after a loss, but he is not all that different with them after a win either. The media is going to be his toughest critics which might hold a black cloud over this program to the outside world. Look at guys like Carroll, Meyer, JoePa, Ferentz...etc... they are all good with the media even in bad situations, hell as much as I don't like Saban he still knows how to work the media. As a fan, I like his fire, but his commercial appeal is horrible.

During one of these past press conferences, I swore I heard a reporter ask Bo how Zac played today, and his voice faded towards the end as if he was having second thoughts about asking such a question. Found it humorous, that's all.

Um your wrong there, Bo answered that question fully by saying that he thought he did good, but people around him didn't play very well.

However, i think you might be referring McNeill, as he was asked the same question and he said in a very low voice "Im not gonna talk about that." and walked away from the mic.

During one of these past press conferences, I swore I heard a reporter ask Bo how Zac played today, and his voice faded towards the end as if he was having second thoughts about asking such a question. Found it humorous, that's all.

Um your wrong there, Bo answered that question fully by saying that he thought he did good, but people around him didn't play very well.

However, i think you might be referring McNeill, as he was asked the same question and he said in a very low voice "Im not gonna talk about that." and walked away from the mic.

The reporter had second thoughts, not Bo.

I just wanted to add that my point was that when Bo walks into that room, he intimidates. That's all.