I'm really starting to get annoyed.

HuskerT

And another thing that most people who are calling for Green to start is that we may as well build for next year and the future. Apparently that isn't Bo's philosophy..

You seriously believe that? Bo's philosophy is OBVIOUSLY building for the future. Look at the way he redshirted all those linebackers last year.

Green was a raw passer running a simple offense in HS. He's got a long way to go before we just toss him in the fire.

So we didn't toss him in the fire by putting him in a game that we were behind in and threw it on practically every down?? And that game was his first against a BCS conference school??

I agree that we do not have the knowledge or experience that the coaches do. I also doubt that anything Griffin has to say is any more informed. What many of us are questioning is why burn a redshirt on someone that is now evidently not qualified to run the offense except for mop up duty? That doesn't make much sense. Many of us were assuming or led to believe that we would see a lot more of Green based on the redshirt issue. I also need to remind many of you that we spent almost an entire season watching Keller play all year with barely a glimpse of Ganz as the offense struggled at times. Enter Ganz due to injury and............ you know the rest of the story. At that time we as fans also were not as informed or as knowledable as someone like Watson. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's pretty easy to sit in the recliner and think one knows better. But I'm starting to have some doubts and questions about the current coaching staff's decisions much as many on this board and throughout Nebraska have. Just remember that those that are calling for Green to play are not any less knowledgeable or less of a fan than those that are thinking we should stay the course with Lee.

Practically garbage time.

The first time we put him in it was to give Zac, our starter, a different POV in order to send Zac back in.

The second time we were just about out of that game.

Giving him a whirl around the block is a lot different than handing him the keys to the car.

I agree that we do not have the knowledge or experience that the coaches do. I also doubt that anything Griffin has to say is any more informed. What many of us are questioning is why burn a redshirt on someone that is now evidently not qualified to run the offense except for mop up duty? That doesn't make much sense. Many of us were assuming or led to believe that we would see a lot more of Green based on the redshirt issue. I also need to remind many of you that we spent almost an entire season watching Keller play all year with barely a glimpse of Ganz as the offense struggled at times. Enter Ganz due to injury and............ you know the rest of the story. At that time we as fans also were not as informed or as knowledable as someone like Watson. Hindsight is always 20/20 and it's pretty easy to sit in the recliner and think one knows better. But I'm starting to have some doubts and questions about the current coaching staff's decisions much as many on this board and throughout Nebraska have. Just remember that those that are calling for Green to play are not any less knowledgeable or less of a fan than those that are thinking we should stay the course with Lee.

The Keller/Ganz thing is probably not exactly relevant. Callahan was calling the shots then. Bo and Watson are calling the shots now.

The Keller/Ganz thing is probably not exactly relevant. Callahan was calling the shots then. Bo and Watson are calling the shots now.

What?? How is it NOT relevant? Its the same OC that Bo claims to have complete confidence in and pretty much runs all the aspects of the offense.. including pt. Also, Keller and Lee are very very similar in they way they play.. love the check down, can't throw across the middle, and overrated running ability.

And another thing that most people who are calling for Green to start is that we may as well build for next year and the future. Apparently that isn't Bo's philosophy..

You seriously believe that? Bo's philosophy is OBVIOUSLY building for the future. Look at the way he redshirted all those linebackers last year.

Green was a raw passer running a simple offense in HS. He's got a long way to go before we just toss him in the fire.

Than why burn his redshirt? Washington would have been more than capable of mop up time in the sunbelt games.

Than why burn his redshirt? Washington would have been more than capable of mop up time in the sunbelt games.

Do you really need to ask why the #2 QB sees playing time?

Because if the #1 QB goes down, we do NOT go to Washington for the rest of the year!

CG is #2 and is the 2nd best that we've got, and he needs to be ready to step in to be #1, or as ready as he can be.

And CG's redshirt was burned a long long time ago.

What?? How is it NOT relevant? Its the same OC that Bo claims to have complete confidence in and pretty much runs all the aspects of the offense.. including pt. Also, Keller and Lee are very very similar in they way they play.. love the check down, can't throw across the middle, and overrated running ability.

Because I am fairly sure that it was CALLAHAN's call as to who started at quarterback. Not Watson's.

Also, just because Keller and Lee play similarly that in no way hints that Green is the second coming of Joe Ganz. I sure hope he is though . . . .

Here's a scary thought . . . as bad as Lee looks . . . Green could be worse.

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

So you don't think players can perform better in practice than they do in a game? Green might be one of the kids that performs better in games than he does in practice, but I guess we'll never know.

What annoys me is people like you who think they understand our football team better than the coaches who lead, observe, and analyze our players on a daily basis.

Yeah. Exactly.

The coaches see these guys every day in practice. They know a bit more than we do.

Plus I've never understood the conspiracy theories. Do you people honestly think that Bo (or Watson for that matter) are deliberately playing players who they think give us less of a shot to win games. Because if you think that I think your head should probably be examined.

I obviously don't think that, but I ask you this: We've been outscored 40-17 in our last two conference games and we're behind KSU, ISU, KU and CU in the pathetic big 12 north so why not start Green?

Your logic defies me completely.

Change for change's sake, blindly tossing things up and doing things the desperate way? No. Bo's said time and time again, we believe in what we do, we stay the course.

That's how you build a program, not tear everything up and hit the panic button any time you ever hit rough sailing.

Yeah. Exactly.

The coaches see these guys every day in practice. They know a bit more than we do.

Plus I've never understood the conspiracy theories. Do you people honestly think that Bo (or Watson for that matter) are deliberately playing players who they think give us less of a shot to win games. Because if you think that I think your head should probably be examined.

I obviously don't think that, but I ask you this: We've been outscored 40-17 in our last two conference games and we're behind KSU, ISU, KU and CU in the pathetic big 12 north so why not start Green?

I agree with you. If I were the coach (and I knew no more than I know now) I'd give Green a shot. All I am saying is this whole "how can the coaches not see how much better Green is than Lee?" thing is a little ridiculous. It's also more than a little annoying.

They know the situation better than we do. To me it looks like Green might have more upside. To them (apparently) it appears Lee gives us a better chance to win games. Take it for what it is.

"Because I am fairly sure that it was CALLAHAN's call as to who started at quarterback. Not Watson's."

You have no proof of that carlfense. Fairly sure? I'll put it better than that. Watson was the offensive coordinator when Nebraska choose Keller over Ganz and didn't even give Ganz a chance. I'm a little more than "fairly sure" about that. Many of us are "fairly sure" that Green needs some playing time. What are you all so scared of. That you may be wrong or that Green might throw 3 picks?

Your logic defies me completely.

Change for change's sake, blindly tossing things up and doing things the desperate way? No. Bo's said time and time again, we believe in what we do, we stay the course.

That's how you build a program, not tear everything up and hit the panic button any time you ever hit rough sailing.

So your logic suggests that Bo would be a pioneer for making a QB change? Considering our current status is it so illogical and ridiculous that Green get a chance to start 1 game and maybe does well?