I'm really starting to get annoyed.

HuskerT

You could totally see how this played out.

Coaches and players after the Tech game knew they weren't that bad (and as proven last week, Tech wasn't that good). Lee lobbies hard, looks good in practice. Green is very tempting, but he's still mistake-prone himself and yes, some pride is involved as the move feels a bit panicky. Let's see how it plays out.

The game starts. The Huskers are running the ball well enough. They are passing the ball well enough. But they are fumbling every opportunity away. It's not Zac Lee fumbling either. And as a coach you can't possibly anticipate that the first or second turnover will turn into 8. You're thinking the same thing as when you went into the game: we're not THIS bad. We're moving the ball. Let's not panic. Then you turn the ball over for the fourth time INSIDE THE CYCLONE 5 YARD LINE. The guys fumbling are the same guys who would be handling the ball if Cody Green comes in. You simply can't believe what is happening on the fiield. Even when there's two minutes in the fourth quarter and you're only down by two with the ball. You were determined to show that this team could win with Zac Lee, whether or not you planned on Cody playing a bigger role as the season went on.

It didn't happen.

It sure as hell wasn't all Zac Lee's fault.

But it's time to play Cody Green anyway.

Could it be possible, just possible, that Green felt like crap with a good case of the flu and spent most of pre-game in the locker room toilet stall before the ISU game?

Just a rumor I heard at halftime...

I haven't heard that, but if true at least it would explain why we didn't see Green play at all.

Coaches and players after the Tech game knew they weren't that bad (and as proven last week, Tech wasn't that good). Lee lobbies hard, looks good in practice. Green is very tempting, but he's still mistake-prone himself and yes, some pride is involved as the move feels a bit panicky. Let's see how it plays out.

The game starts. The Huskers are running the ball well enough. They are passing the ball well enough. But they are fumbling every opportunity away. It's not Zac Lee fumbling either. And as a coach you can't possibly anticipate that the first or second turnover will turn into 8. You're thinking the same thing as when you went into the game: we're not THIS bad. We're moving the ball. Let's not panic. Then you turn the ball over for the fourth time INSIDE THE CYCLONE 5 YARD LINE. The guys fumbling are the same guys who would be handling the ball if Cody Green comes in. You simply can't believe what is happening on the fiield. Even when there's two minutes in the fourth quarter and you're only down by two with the ball. You were determined to show that this team could win with Zac Lee, whether or not you planned on Cody playing a bigger role as the season went on.

It didn't happen.

I absolutely agree with that post and hope that is what the actual thought process was.

Also, I love how in every thread about the Qb situation someone brings up how the posters on here know more then the coaches... GIVE IT UP... no one is claiming to know more.. just putting there opinions out there

First of all, my opinion on the QB situation is this. Lee should start the game, then Green should start the second half. At this point I really don't care where the game is at, I think you give Green the nod in the second half and give him a couple of series. If he plays well, he finishes out the game, if not, you can put Lee back in. With our defense this year, giving Green a couple of series starting the second half, isn't going to get the game out of control if he can't move the ball. Remember, this is only my small irrelevant opinion. Seems to me that there are a lot of "politics" going on here. I think one thing that people should consider is, as some people have said, the future of the program. Now, not just looking forward to Green's time as a QB, but other recruits. I could be way off base here, but I personally don't think that Lee is the primary problem on the offense. If you "fire" him and just start Green blindly, what are you saying to current and future players. They may feel that if the job is not getting done, be it partially or not their fault, they can be benched because of my position? Now I'm not saying this is true and I could be way off base, just trying to look outside the box a little bit.

Let me get this straight. You don't think Lee should lose a start because he hasn't gotten the team in the end zone for 11 of 12 quarters of Big 12 play because it will look bad to the rest of the team, yet you think he should be taken out, at the half, in favor of Green, even if he is 17/17 passing and the score is 21-14 NU? I'm glad you called your opinion irrelevant. You saved me the trouble.

If a recruit is afraid to play here because he wouldn't want the possibility of losing his job if he plays unspectacularly (and that is putting it mildly in Lee's case), do we really want him?

It didn't happen.

It was time to start him last week. He is the leader of a sleepwalking offense. You couldn't be completely conscious and turn it over 8 times. Even if you have to pull him, it makes a statement that changes can happen.

It didn't happen.

It was time to start him last week. He is the leader of a sleepwalking offense. You couldn't be completely conscious and turn it over 8 times. Even if you have to pull him, it makes a statement that changes can happen.

Amen brother! Bo and Watson have been saying all week that the offense needs a spark from somewhere or someone, but for some reason are ignoring the most obvious answer. Why? I don't care how well Lee does in practice or how well they think he grades in games or how much more ready they think he is. I'm not at practice and I don't have inside info, but I can see with my own eyes that Lee hasn't proven himself to be irreplaceable. They're asking the questions, but ignoring the answer!

im just throwing this out there cuz i havent heard it yet, but does anyone remember the 96 season when everyone hated scott frost? i mean, i still remember that joke " what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? they both dont want frost on their fields". we thought he was the worst qb ever and were clamoring for TO to take him out. but TO stuck to his guns and look what happened. scott frost shaped up and we won the national championship next year.

im not saying we'll win the NC next year or anything, but we need to have faith in what our coaches are telling us. yeah it sucks that we're losing. yeah i think zac lee sucks, but i trust in bo pelini. remember the signs we made against mich st? "bo knows". im gonna trust that he is leading us in the right direction. isnt that why we wanted him after cally got axed?

Tough to compare. Do you remember Frost's supporting cast, it was considerably better than this one and to tell you the truth I don't even remember who his back-up was. My suggestion is that to me Lee is no more ready for the position than Green is, so why not give Green 1 start.

Also, remember that we had just come off of back to back National Championship seasons. So, when we lost to Arizona St. (who turned out to be a very good football team that year) two games into the season, people freaked!!! We only lost one other game that year, the Big 12 title game against Texas and it was a very good, close game, at that. As you stated, Frost also had a very good supporting cast on offense and on defense.

im just throwing this out there cuz i havent heard it yet, but does anyone remember the 96 season when everyone hated scott frost? i mean, i still remember that joke " what do farmers and nebraska fans have in common? they both dont want frost on their fields". we thought he was the worst qb ever and were clamoring for TO to take him out. but TO stuck to his guns and look what happened. scott frost shaped up and we won the national championship next year.

im not saying we'll win the NC next year or anything, but we need to have faith in what our coaches are telling us. yeah it sucks that we're losing. yeah i think zac lee sucks, but i trust in bo pelini. remember the signs we made against mich st? "bo knows". im gonna trust that he is leading us in the right direction. isnt that why we wanted him after cally got axed?

Tough to compare. Do you remember Frost's supporting cast, it was considerably better than this one and to tell you the truth I don't even remember who his back-up was. My suggestion is that to me Lee is no more ready for the position than Green is, so why not give Green 1 start.

Double post, sorry.

First of all, my opinion on the QB situation is this. Lee should start the game, then Green should start the second half. At this point I really don't care where the game is at, I think you give Green the nod in the second half and give him a couple of series. If he plays well, he finishes out the game, if not, you can put Lee back in. With our defense this year, giving Green a couple of series starting the second half, isn't going to get the game out of control if he can't move the ball. Remember, this is only my small irrelevant opinion. Seems to me that there are a lot of "politics" going on here. I think one thing that people should consider is, as some people have said, the future of the program. Now, not just looking forward to Green's time as a QB, but other recruits. I could be way off base here, but I personally don't think that Lee is the primary problem on the offense. If you "fire" him and just start Green blindly, what are you saying to current and future players. They may feel that if the job is not getting done, be it partially or not their fault, they can be benched because of my position? Now I'm not saying this is true and I could be way off base, just trying to look outside the box a little bit.

Let me get this straight. You don't think Lee should lose a start because he hasn't gotten the team in the end zone for 11 of 12 quarters of Big 12 play because it will look bad to the rest of the team, yet you think he should be taken out, at the half, in favor of Green, even if he is 17/17 passing and the score is 21-14 NU? I'm glad you called your opinion irrelevant. You saved me the trouble.

If a recruit is afraid to play here because he wouldn't want the possibility of losing his job if he plays unspectacularly (and that is putting it mildly in Lee's case), do we really want him?

First of all I'm sorry you don't agree with/like my post. I am fairly new to message boards and perhaps my thoughts don't come out "on paper" the way they sound in my head. I simply mean, that I agree with others on here that Green should/needs to get some playing time. However, I don't think that he is ready to start a game. If you start him in the second half, that is not quite the stress of starting the game in my opinion.

Secondly, on the recruit situation, what I said is that I don't feel that Lee is the primary problem here. The offense has not played together as a whole since conference started. Some of the situations I have seen in no particular order, 1. The offensive line play has been bad. 2. Receivers can't catch a cold. 3. Lee has a bad game throwing the ball. 4. Some questionable play calling. 5. Penalties. From this, again only my opinion, is that you bench lee for one of these reasons not all five of them. I will use the QB position as an example since that is the "hot" debate right now. If I am potential QB recruit and I see the current QB get benched because the line can't block, or the play calling did not put me in a position to be successful, then no why would I want to come here.

Lastly, yes I called my post irrelevant, because that is exactly what it is. Sorry if this again didn't come out on paper well, sounds good in my head. I guess I will do us all a favor and go back to just lurking to save the trouble of writing/reading my irrelevant post.