New York F'n Yankee's

walksalone

• 2 weeks later...

its bs guys but its not the yanks fault its mlb's fault. If you have the money why not spend it?

I grew up a Big Royals fan ... gave up on baseball a long time ago. There are only 6-8 teams in the league anymore ... the rest are farm teams for the big ones. Guess that is how it's always been. The big market teams get the players eventually. Don't the Yankees have 27 "titles" now? Wow ... maybe someday the Yankees can take on Japan and beat them ... of course ... they'd have to lose the players that aren't from America.

Maybe if they can stop taking performance enhancers and actually create a market of competition baseball can make a comeback.

Until then, as it says of itself ... it's America's pasttime ... and that it is ... it's in the past.

Next,

SheepdogMark

its bs guys but its not the yanks fault its mlb's fault. If you have the money why not spend it?

I grew up a Big Royals fan ... gave up on baseball a long time ago. There are only 6-8 teams in the league anymore ... the rest are farm teams for the big ones. Guess that is how it's always been. The big market teams get the players eventually. Don't the Yankees have 27 "titles" now? Wow ... maybe someday the Yankees can take on Japan and beat them ... of course ... they'd have to lose the players that aren't from America.

Maybe if they can stop taking performance enhancers and actually create a market of competition baseball can make a comeback.

Until then, as it says of itself ... it's America's pasttime ... and that it is ... it's in the past.

Next,

SheepdogMark

waahmbulance.jpg

Yes, blame the Yankee's for all that's wrong in baseball...

The performance enhancing drugs (didn't the 86 Mets win that world series on cocaine?), the huge payrolls (don't forget Boston, and the Mets), and everything else that has ruined baseball.

Need I remind you in the past few years there have been a few teams, without big payrolls, that have done well, i.e. the Rays, the Rockies, and the A's.

It's easy to blame the Yankee's, always is. If I were the fan of a small market team, i'd be blaming the front office for not busting their ass more to put a better product out on the field.

Next,

SheepdogMark

waahmbulance.jpg

Yes, blame the Yankee's for all that's wrong in baseball...

The performance enhancing drugs (didn't the 86 Mets win that world series on cocaine?), the huge payrolls (don't forget Boston, and the Mets), and everything else that has ruined baseball.

Need I remind you in the past few years there have been a few teams, without big payrolls, that have done well, i.e. the Rays, the Rockies, and the A's.

It's easy to blame the Yankee's, always is. If I were the fan of a small market team, i'd be blaming the front office for not busting their ass more to put a better product out on the field.

BINGO! I couldn't have said it better myself, the Yankee's don't accept failure as an organization so they go out and spend the money.

I have to disagree sheep. Baseball is one of the most balanced leagues out there. If it was all money, why don't the Yankees win every year? I believe I read somewhere that half of the league has been in the playoffs in the past couple years.

The Cubs, Red Sox, and Cardinals, to me, have the greatest fans in the league. Now, I'm a huge Ynakee fan, but those teams fans cannot be matched. They couple easily spend the money but they choose not to. The Royals could spend if they like as well, but they choose not to.