What does the rest of husker nation feel about this

Firing Watson will only go so far. The real solution is to bench Zac Lee. A new OC will not be able to do much with Zac Lee at QB.

Guess you have not watched the last couple games. That was tried. It didn't work.

I've ignored so many people this season, including this guy (for obvious reasons). The amount of low quality new posters this season has really skyrocketed.

Mixed feelings. It's a precarious situation... On one hand if we keep the OC, the team will grow and adapt and build a strong relationship (for better or worse) with him. On the other hand if he was dispatched of and we hired a new OC there would be a clean slate and a purge (for better or worse).

I hate my feelings. <_<

I think at this point if we were to change O.C.'s we should pursue dana holgorson, or Jason Phillips from Houston. They seem to put teams on the field every year that move the ball on anybody. Just a thought in which i would value the opinion's of others. (sorry watson, but when you're making big six figures you should be finding a way to move the ball with girl scouts) :horns2

I would love to have Tim Jagodzinski at NU as OC.

I assume you mean Jeff Jagodzinski?

I would prefer Steve Logan if you wanted somebody off that staff.

This is an interesting read about coordinators and their rise from obscurity to the lime-light in recent years.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/08/2...y-coordinators/

Yes. Thanks for the correction

watson isn't going anywhere.

Nor should he.

no, i disagree. it is time for Watson to take his phone book offense and move on. it is a fact, only 2 qbs have been able to semi-master it, Zac Taylor and Joe Gantz, after studying it for an unreasonable length of time. poor Cody Green, he had that "deer in the headlights" look last night and Wats kept calling the same bullsh#t qb keeper, never mixed up any plays at all. Wats has too much Callahan-play-calling in him, the system is not for college kids, it is for professional football players who have time to study it and practice it for months on end. he will never be successful with his schemes in college ball. let CU have him, please.

when you look at what Bo has done with the D in his 2 years here, you gotta believe a decent O coordinator could generate more production than Watson, i for one have seen enough 3 and outs to last me a lifetime.

lets see what his offense can do against a lesser D. This was the first game where we really committed to the run and it paid off on a few drives. Wats had a brain fart on calling that option w/Lee as someone posted above because EVERYONE knows Lee can't run, terrible call. But I've said it before and will continue to say it as I did about our D vs OU, stick it out. Lets see what we do the rest of the season and in our bowl game.

If someone wants to dig up a thread where watson was one of the top 10 OC's in the country they should do it, b/c in that thread EVERYONE wanted to keep him. We are VERY young still ppl forget that so easily, relax and enjoy the solid D and know that the offense will hopefully be working on the power running game due to our lack of talent in the passing game.

watson isn't going anywhere.

Nor should he.

no, i disagree. it is time for Watson to take his phone book offense and move on. it is a fact, only 2 qbs have been able to semi-master it, Zac Taylor and Joe Gantz, after studying it for an unreasonable length of time. poor Cody Green, he had that "deer in the headlights" look last night and Wats kept calling the same bullsh#t qb keeper, never mixed up any plays at all. Wats has too much Callahan-play-calling in him, the system is not for college kids, it is for professional football players who have time to study it and practice it for months on end. he will never be successful with his schemes in college ball. let CU have him, please.

when you look at what Bo has done with the D in his 2 years here, you gotta believe a decent O coordinator could generate more production than Watson, i for one have seen enough 3 and outs to last me a lifetime.

Bo will illustrate to his staff that the offense needs to be skimmed down and have more of a power running game the same way Barnett did with Watson. I honestly think that a lot of people need to realize how young this offense really is.

I think the main problem is the line. For any team to be successful, you need a line to open holes for the running backs or give the QB time to throw.

But i do think Watson has to coach to the strengths of his players and right now the power running game works better than the "spread option" or "zone read" or whatever that crap they run from the shotgun.

Firing Watson will only go so far. The real solution is to bench Zac Lee. A new OC will not be able to do much with Zac Lee at QB.

Guess you have not watched the last couple games. That was tried. It didn't work.

I've ignored so many people this season, including this guy (for obvious reasons). The amount of low quality new posters this season has really skyrocketed.

Ignore if you want but you are blind if you think either QB is getting the job done. And what I said is true. They did bench Lee. Nothing changed on offense.

For some reason people see recruiting stars next to a name and think they are All Americans. They are All American at the High School Level. DI is 4 levels higher. Until the Staff starts developing fundamental skills, These guys are going to struggle on offense.