One Sooner fan's take on Lincoln

I guess he missed the 40,000 people who booed OU when they took the field. <_<

Anyway, I got to talking with a gentleman before the game down at Brewsky's, dressed in his OU gear. He was in his mid 50's and he gave me a nice hello and a smile as we stood in line for drinks. As we got to talking he told me this was his first in Lincoln, and he was shocked at how nice everyone was. He and his wife got into Lincoln mid-afternoon on Friday, and went out to eat, again in OU gear, and someone bought their dinner. He then told me they went out for some drinks after dinner, and people bought every last one of them. The same had been happening to him on Saturday, he said he kinda felt guilty about it, because most times he wasn't told who had bought the drinks, or there dinner. So in the end once I got my bucket of beers I left $20.00 with the bartender and told him to get the guy dressed in OU gear, drinks, and quickly made my escape. :)

I have never been to Norman, although I hear they are the same down there.

Next time I go, Im wearing OU gear!! Maybe i can get free dinners and drinks! :cheers:laughpound:laughpound

*should I insert the sarcasm icon?

Good job of being a gracious host. I know they will remember that for a long long time!

I guess he missed the 40,000 people who booed OU when they took the field.

There are boos and there are boos. I think Oklahoma knows they play the villain up here. The admiration is for real, and Switzer's ovation was for real, but as much as we love Oklahoma, like their fans and have respect for their tradition, they're still the Black Hat in this cowboy drama.

You know what I mean?

No we don't. Like most everything you write, it is over the heads of us Simpletons.

I guess he missed the 40,000 people who booed OU when they took the field.

There are boos and there are boos. I think Oklahoma knows they play the villain up here. The admiration is for real, and Switzer's ovation was for real, but as much as we love Oklahoma, like their fans and have respect for their tradition, they're still the Black Hat in this cowboy drama.

You know what I mean?

No we don't. Like most everything you write, it is over the heads of us Simpletons.

lol

I guess he missed the 40,000 people who booed OU when they took the field. <_<

Anyway, I got to talking with a gentleman before the game down at Brewsky's, dressed in his OU gear. He was in his mid 50's and he gave me a nice hello and a smile as we stood in line for drinks. As we got to talking he told me this was his first in Lincoln, and he was shocked at how nice everyone was. He and his wife got into Lincoln mid-afternoon on Friday, and went out to eat, again in OU gear, and someone bought their dinner. He then told me they went out for some drinks after dinner, and people bought every last one of them. The same had been happening to him on Saturday, he said he kinda felt guilty about it, because most times he wasn't told who had bought the drinks, or there dinner. So in the end once I got my bucket of beers I left $20.00 with the bartender and told him to get the guy dressed in OU gear, drinks, and quickly made my escape. :)

I have never been to Norman, although I hear they are the same down there.

Next time I go, Im wearing OU gear!! Maybe i can get free dinners and drinks! :cheers:laughpound:laughpound

*should I insert the sarcasm icon?

Good job of being a gracious host. I know they will remember that for a long long time!

:laughpound To the OP, thanks for the nice read. It's great to see how cool people are up there.

I think Bradford was expecting boos when they called his name, he almost looked shocked that we were cheering so loudly for him (I like that kid). And it was so awesome seeing old Barry get the standing O...speaking of Barry, he looks darn good for his age, looks 10 years younger than TO.

Osborne shows the signs of age accompanied by a stint in public service. Poor guy.

Go punch your leg really hard. This was the most insane statement every made.

Gourmet Grill = processed

Ali Baba's = fresh, homemade, and authentic.

I stand by it. Ali Baba's has better fries but I like the gyro at Gourmet Grill better. The ONLY edge I give to Ali Baba's is that you can order through the wall at Duffy's.

(finally! A topic worth arguing. :))

I stand by it. Ali Baba's has better fries but I like the gyro at Gourmet Grill better. The ONLY edge I give to Ali Baba's is that you can order through the wall at Duffy's.

What's a gyro? And are these places burger joints or restaurants?

gyro-photo.jpg

Gyro is a greek sandwich. The meat is usually lamb and beef heavily seasoned and slow cooked on a verticle rotisserie. Then sliced and put on to a pita bread. Then topped with onions, tomatos, and taziki sauce which is made primarily with plain yogurt, cucumbers, and olive oil.

They look like this...

gyros.gif