Callahan gone?

...that's the only reason why Barnett still has a job (for now).

Barnett's job is acctualy very secure. Don't expect him to be going anywhere. He'll get a new contract and he'll coach for quite a while in Colorado.

Who knows. All i know is that there is tension between the AD and Barnett and canning him would give the University a whole new face lift. He has i believe 1 or 2 years remaining on his contract after this season and with ticket sales being down from last year (which also were down from the year before), bringing in new blood to the program to get revenue up would not shock me 1 bit

Barnett's job is acctualy very secure. Don't expect him to be going anywhere. He'll get a new contract and he'll coach for quite a while in Colorado.

Who knows. All i know is that there is tension between the AD and Barnett and canning him would give the University a whole new face lift. He has i believe 1 or 2 years remaining on his contract after this season and with ticket sales being down from last year (which also were down from the year before), bringing in new blood to the program to get revenue up would not shock me 1 bit

I haven't heard of any friction between them, where'd you hear that?

On the CU rivals free message board a month or so ago. From the sounds of some posters, the AD might be cleaning house after this season.

On the CU rivals free message board a month or so ago. From the sounds of some posters, the AD might be cleaning house after this season.

Either way, no one really knows anything until Bohn get's done with his audit.

If Barnett can't acocunt for every single penny he's s.o.l. no matter how good a job he does.

I'd also like to say some of the sigs on that board are...very nice.

Nice try trying to take my words and twist them around. Learn to read before you comment on my posts. 4 recruiting classes (which is what i said) is not the same as 2. 4 is bigger then 2 and 2 is smaller then 4. You do know that right? Go back and ready my post again. I said 4 recruiting classes. Let me know if i lose you here

And like I said, to prove you wrong, I only had to go back 2 YEARS. Besides, if you pull up Rivals, they only go back to 2002. Your EXACT quote was “They did in 1 recruiting class more then Solich did his last 4 years at Nebraska. Callahan has brought in 12 prospects with 4 stars and 2 prospects with 5 stars. Solich managed only 2 prospects with 4 stars in his last 4 recruiting classes. One ended up being dismissed from the team (David Horne). The other one is fabian Washington, ” which was proven wrong, and not just by me. No twisting of words there. You said (2) 4* in his last 4 years, and FS had (10) in his last 2. You are flat out wrong.

Because i mentioned favorites right? But to play devils advocate with your own words, Iowa St and Iowa and Kansas St would be favorites then with Nebraska too right?

Actually, yes. There have been a number of NE kids that have gone to ISU and KSU, and to a lesser extent IU. If you knew as much about recruiting as you claim, you would know that. At least you got that right (by accident).

…since Ryan was basically considered a Nebraska kid, where did he end up?..

Really, and I thought he was from South Dakota, :dumdum WOW!!! English, Math, now Geography. Have you ever been to either of the Dakotas or Minnesota?? I go fishing there every year (SD and MN) and the Dakotans relate very closely to Minnesotans when it comes to sports. Everything is Twins, Vikings, T-Wolves. They dont much care about the Omaha Royals or the Huskers.

And i said Nebraska kids are not that good where

You said that they do not count, and I said that 4* and 5* kids are 4* and 5* kids, I don’t care where they are from.

I find it ironic that you can priase a kid from Nebraska and knock another kid from Jersey or California or Florida and say that they are not that bright.

If the shoe fits…..I don’t care where they are from, NJ, CA, FL, or NE.

One minute you are praising Crouch like you did above, on another thread you make fun of him and classify him as a crybaby. Can we say contradiction?

I think that Crouch was a great player, and I think that he made decisions that were poor and not in his best interests as a football player, like many have said. I dont ever recall saying that he was "a crybaby." How is that a contradiction???

If you want to compare to billy c's first class (2004), well then lets do that- billy c. had (2) 4* recruits Myrtha, and Grixby-who by your own admission does not count since he is a Nebraska kid So by your own warped math, he got (1) 4* in his first year

I don't even have to respond to that because you can't read. Go back and read what i said.

My bad, like I responded to another poster I missed the word “full” that you included. I took billy c.’s first class, and you want to conveniently forget it. Noted. :thumbs

As far as the last big time recruit to leave, well, I remember Ty Goode (90's), Junior Bryant, and OL-Tim Ridder (90s) from Creighton Prep that went to Notre Dame, they were all top players in the state. There was a db from Central (Williams??) a few years ago that went to Michigan, and Frost (90s) went to Stanford. Im not sure what their "stars" were, but they were all pretty good players

The only person in that list worthy of mentioning is Scott Frost, but where did he end up at when it was all said and done?

Bottom line, all were big time recruits, like many others have pointed out. You are flat out wrong, just admit it.

Don't try to play Husker Knowledge FF, you will only keep digging deeper holes. While you have to research the info by googling it, going to huskers.com and various other Husker sports information related sites, i have it all in my head and the rest through past media guides.

Herein lies the problem. The information “in your head” has been proven wrong on multiple occasions.

I just love responding to your posts because i like showing the rest of the board how much of a fool you look when u try to discuss Husker History

Notice the responses of some of the other posters, who coincidentally almost never agree with me. As one poster said, "Formerfan is less popular than Steve Pederson...."

Those I glass houses…….

If i don't know something, i won't comment on it. If i do know something, i will comment on it but only what i know.

Really, looks like that statement just flew right out the window.

Look at what FF uses. He uses word "i think" or "i believe" which means he isn't even sure of the information he is dishing out.

That is because the majority of the time, I AM actually taking this stuff from memory, and it may not be 100% accurate ALL of the time. While it may be close, there may be somethings that I don’t remember, or that I have left out, (kind of like when I rattled off the weights of the DE from the 90s: I may not have been EXACT, but I guarantee that I was within a few pounds). It happens, its called life. I have learned way too much stuff in my life, stuff much more important than NU football. If I had all the information on paper or on the I-net, I would quote my sources. Unlike another poster, ahem, I don’t throw out a bunch of garbage, and hope that everyone just believes me, especially when the information has been proven wrong.

I am done responding to these lame attempts to stump me.

I’ll clue you, theyre not attempts.

Serve, volley, point.

Either way, no one really knows anything until Bohn get's done with his audit.

If Barnett can't acocunt for every single penny he's s.o.l. no matter how good a job he does.

I'd also like to say some of the sigs on that board are...very nice.

Look at that fool above still arguing. Anyways, Jake did you see the one with Barnett and the strippers? That had me laughing so hard that the pepsi i was drinking shot out of my nose. If i find that picture, i will post it.

Boys Boys! What have we let ourselves become? Lets go back to original air of this thread, which was bashing the moron who picked the huskers to win the north and for callahan to be fired. What an idiot that guy was... right? 

Hey StuckinChicago...I couldn't agree more. That sports guy is dumb. :thumbs