Donations

Anyone have a guess as to how much I would need to donate to get ensured of 1 season ticket for next season? I've never donated before so I have 0 priority points. Maybe $500 - $1000? Thanks and Go Big Red!

There is a lengthy waiting list. My guess is you can jump most of the line . . . but it would take substantially more than $500-$1,000. I'd contact the ticket office/athletic department and see if I could get a straight answer.

I guy I know got season tix this year and only had to pay a donation of like $100-$150/seat for the year. That really isn't too bad in order to guarantee yourself tix. Now, his seats are way up high, but he doesn't care, just wanted to get in the stadium for sure for games(and also get a write off). People keep talking about long wait list for season tix, but those are just for people who don't want to be a donor and just want season tix for nothing. It's not that hard to get season tix if you donate enough, now that also determines on how many seats are available for your donation amount.

Anyone have a guess as to how much I would need to donate to get ensured of 1 season ticket for next season? I've never donated before so I have 0 priority points. Maybe $500 - $1000? Thanks and Go Big Red!

Ticket info

Hope I did the link right. This chart shows the minimum donation per seat for last year. It is always going up. Remember this is to buy in to that zone, in the end if you give at a lower amount for many years you can keep moving into better seats. Although thas is based on how many people renew, and how many people move from year to year. You will never get the money out of your seats that you put in, but it will tie you closer to the program. Depending on how much you give, you are invited to different events, some people get a dinner or BBQs it all depends, one nice thing is the chance to get tickets to away games, bowls games etc, it is nice being able to sit in the Husker section.

Like I told a friend of mine the other day, the OU game pretty much sealed the deal for my donation for the next 5 years.... Felt real good to be a Hukser that day :)

I forgot one thing... The more open you are with your choice of seats the better your chances. The bad part is you will end up in the middle of a row, pancake city.... <_<

If your family has had seats you may get some consideration. I would advise joining one of the booster clubs. Donations are tax free. But you may find a local widow or elderly person who may want to hold on to the family seats but has no one to go with and they may allow you to just pay and renew under here/his name.

But there are great seats like these up all the time.

link

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tix/1455981435.html

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tix/1463110505.html

By the way if you have a couple million you can get sky box 28 seats and you will be named honorary coach for the day all access before game in locker room and after and sideline pass Also get the free Skybox travel away game with team...

TO started this with Bo and Dale jensen Paul Aaron Larry the cable guy Warren Buffett have all had coach of the day and they are just going down the list So Dale Jensen then Aaron then Larry the Cable guy and now Buffett Scott are trhe ranked donors in my guess we will see who is next I have a few gueses but I am not one of them

just sayin

The amount you pay the first year you have tickets is what you pay every following year. Ex.) I started off at $1,000 and thats what I pay every year... the rate doesn't go up.. fyi

But you can decrease your donation slightly after that first year, right? For example:

2010: $1000

2011: $800

2012: $800

etc...

MAYBE... That is the big question, once you are in a set of seats it then becomes about points. If you have enough points to hold your seats and you give a little less the following year I think you will hold them. The site, and all the info I have been sent only states sustained donations, not necessarily the same every year. I am sure there are lots of people who give more one year, then pull back in harder times. Although if you made a huge swing, say give $10,000.00 one year to get really awesome seats then pulled back to giving $500, I am sure you will be moved at some point. This is something TO has not put a lot of light on, and the Development office isn't forthcoming nether. To be honest I would give at a lower amount, and if you have good year give a little more, build a nice bed of points then request an upgrade. Also since you get tickets you can only write off 80% of your donation

The amount you pay the first year you have tickets is what you pay every following year. Ex.) I started off at $1,000 and thats what I pay every year... the rate doesn't go up.. fyi

But you can decrease your donation slightly after that first year, right? For example:

etc...

MAYBE... That is the big question, once you are in a set of seats it then becomes about points. If you have enough points to hold your seats and you give a little less the following year I think you will hold them. The site, and all the info I have been sent only states sustained donations, not necessarily the same every year. I am sure there are lots of people who give more one year, then pull back in harder times. Although if you made a huge swing, say give $10,000.00 one year to get really awesome seats then pulled back to giving $500, I am sure you will be moved at some point. This is something TO has not put a lot of light on, and the Development office isn't forthcoming nether. To be honest I would give at a lower amount, and if you have good year give a little more, build a nice bed of points then request an upgrade. Also since you get tickets you can only write off 80% of your donation

You can decrease if you want but they will not guarantee you keep the seats you currently have. I was going to decrease my donation by $250/seat and they said if I did that I would be moved up like 45 rows, so I bucked up and paid the amount I had been for the past seasons, but I sure could use that extra money right now. F*ck this economy!!

etc...

You can decrease if you want but they will not guarantee you keep the seats you currently have. I was going to decrease my donation by $250/seat and they said if I did that I would be moved up like 45 rows, so I bucked up and paid the amount I had been for the past seasons, but I sure could use that extra money right now. F*ck this economy!!

I have wondered that for sme time... Thanks for clearing that up