CU coach next year

kansas husker

No way in he11. Cash strapped CU can't afford to buy out the lame duck coach they have now . . . but they can afford to both do that and pay the salary that someone of Shanahan's coaching caliber would demand? Not going to happen. CU fans can wish in one hand for Shanahan and crap in the other. I think I know which one will fill up first.

No way in he11. Cash strapped CU can't afford to buy out the lame duck coach they have now . . . but they can afford to both do that and pay the salary that someone of Shanahan's coaching caliber would demand? Not going to happen. CU fans can wish in one hand for Shanahan and crap in the other. I think I know which one will fill up first.

If you read a little bit further down it does say that hawkins will not be retained I had not heard of this site untill I posted this but they say that its confirmed

If you read a little bit further down it does say that hawkins will not be retained I had not heard of this site untill I posted this but they say that its confirmed

Yeah. I expect Hawkins to be gone at the end of the year or before. "Can't afford" was probably a poor choice of words. What I meant is that CU's athletic department is in very poor financial shape . . . and a multimillion dollar buyout of Hawkins is going to make that situation even worse. That makes me think that CU will only be able to afford a coordinator from a Division I school . . . or go for a head coach from a non-BCS school. In short, with Hawkins buyout I don't think they can afford Shanahan. I could be very, very, wrong though.

Yeah. I expect Hawkins to be gone at the end of the year or before. "Can't afford" was probably a poor choice of words. What I meant is that CU's athletic department is in very poor financial shape . . . and a multimillion dollar buyout of Hawkins is going to make that situation even worse. That makes me think that CU will only be able to afford a coordinator from a Division I school . . . or go for a head coach from a non-BCS school. In short, with Hawkins buyout I don't think they can afford Shanahan. I could be very, very, wrong though.

I am now starting to question this sites credability as today it is "confirming" bob stoops will meet with notre dame.

Shannahan is pretty unrealistic the only way I could see that happening is that Mike has enjoyed his time off from the NFL but still wants to coach and remain in Colorado. He would still get his cash from Bowlen and make enough to cover the payments on his mansion.

The rumor is that a booster came up with the 3 mil that they need to buy him out.

The rumor is that a booster came up with the 3 mil that they need to buy him out.

That's possible. Where has this booster been throughout CU's financial struggles?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.