Q & A with Maine QB about playing NU

Q: How exciting is it to be playing against Nebraska?

A: It's going to be very exciting. This is the type of game that a lot of people dream about playing. Growing up back home, I always remember watching them play on TV on Saturdays. They had some great teams in the 90s. I respect everything about their program, especially their strength and conditioning program. I can't wait until September 3. It should be a lot of fun.

Q: What was your first reaction when you found out you would be playing Nebraska? Did you think someone was joking with you?

A: I was excited. I started a countdown on my calendar (laughs). As I said earlier, this is the type of game that you dream about playing. I didn't think anyone was playing a joke on me, because we beat Mississippi State last season. We already played one big-time program and I was hoping we would get another opportunity to do so again.

Q: How much confidence do you take from the Mississippi State win into preparing for Nebraska?

A: We're excited to be playing them and we've been preparing for them with a lot of confidence coming off the Mississippi State win. The Mississippi State win showed us that anyone can be beaten. It showed us those teams are no different from us. Thy wear the same pads, they go out and practice, they play 60-minute games just like we do. We'll be drawing a lot of experience from last season's win in preparing us for Nebraska

Link

Mississippi State is a big-time program? Weren't they like 3-8 last year?

Yes they were but you cannot deny it is an awesome experience for these guys. Miss St in no way will compare to NU but heck it will be a HUGE game for the Bears and a chance for Nebraska to get comfortable with Taylor and allow all the strings to warm up.

I only look forward to the Maine game to see the Huskers again. Us dominating a DII school is not too impressive. I hope we change this in the future. There are plenty of DI schools we could warm up on. DII scheduling is a bad habit from the Big 8 days that I hope we change soon. :blink:

Mississippi State is a big-time program? Weren't they like 3-8 last year?

Yes they were but you cannot deny it is an awesome experience for these guys. Miss St in no way will compare to NU but heck it will be a HUGE game for the Bears and a chance for Nebraska to get comfortable with Taylor and allow all the strings to warm up.

I only look forward to the Maine game to see the Huskers again. Us dominating a DII school is not too impressive. I hope we change this in the future. There are plenty of DI schools we could warm up on. DII scheduling is a bad habit from the Big 8 days that I hope we change soon. :blink:

Oh, I completely agree that beating Miss St was a huge accomplishment for them.

I was just trying to stick it to 'em.