Outlook for Next Year

He's also really hurt us with a number of shanks.

I've noticed this. Henery is 58th in the country in punting. That's not too good, considering the quality punters we've had in the past couple of decades.

I've been less than impressed with Henery's punting this year. Maybe we can get someone in there next year and Henery can get back to focusing on field goals.

On the upside . . . Henery has shown a knack for punting it out of bounds within the 20. That's the one consistency I've seen in his punting game.

FYI - I said that this was Henery's first year in the post above yours.

Don't forget about Whaley at LB! I remember hearing his name a LOT in the spring......

He is still with the team, right???

I purposely forgot him. He had an awful showing in the spring game and supposedly he hasn't lived up to the recruiting hype. Hopefully he cant get the kinks worked out because he has all the right tools.

The defense is a forgone conclusion, it will as good if not better. I'm just gonna talk about the offense. The running game should be good. Should be a healthy Burkhead and Helu and Robinson. Hmm. Another winter of development for fullback Legate. Another winter of development for Green and Lee. How bout the offensive line. 4 starters back, yes say what you want about this year, but we're talkin next after more development and getting healthy. Watson should be better too, developing an offense more suited to our personnell. An offensive identity has pretty much been found and they have all off-season to work at it. I see an improved team with lots of experience that could very well be a sleeper of the title contenders.

The defense is a forgone conclusion, it will as good if not better. I'm just gonna talk about the offense. The running game should be good. Should be a healthy Burkhead and Helu and Robinson. Hmm. Another winter of development for fullback Legate. Another winter of development for Green and Lee. How bout the offensive line. 4 starters back, yes say what you want about this year, but we're talkin next after more development and getting healthy. Watson should be better too, developing an offense more suited to our personnell. An offensive identity has pretty much been found and they have all off-season to work at it. I see an improved team with lots of experience that could very well be a sleeper of the title contenders.

Watson did the exact same thing this year as he did last year - he went into the season with a preconceived notion of what his offense would be that didn't fit their skill set. He kept pounding the square peg into the round hole until midseason, then finally made a change that worked... at least, we hope it works. We've had one game of semi-success so far.

Watson cannot keep doing this. An accurate assessment of our team's abilities must be made in Fall camp, an offense that takes advantage of those skills must be installed, and we must run it from the start. Those tune-up games against the early season cream puffs cannot be used to simply mask inefficiencies.

We will not be a contender if we are constantly changing horses mid-stream like this.

Watson did the exact same thing this year as he did last year - he went into the season with a preconceived notion of what his offense would be that didn't fit their skill set. He kept pounding the square peg into the round hole until midseason, then finally made a change that worked... at least, we hope it works. We've had one game of semi-success so far.

Watson cannot keep doing this. An accurate assessment of our team's abilities must be made in Fall camp, an offense that takes advantage of those skills must be installed, and we must run it from the start. Those tune-up games against the early season cream puffs cannot be used to simply mask inefficiencies.

We will not be a contender if we are constantly changing horses mid-stream like this.

Well said. I think this might be Watson's biggest weakness as a coach.