Ticket Alotment, kinda sh**ty.

Denver and Oklahoma City would be good places to have them in the future IMO

What is the name and capacity of the largest football stadium on Okie City?

Oklahoma Memorial Stadium with an official capacity of 82112

That's Norman. I dislike OU potentially having a home game more than playing in SA, DFW, or Houston.

Norman is a suburb of Oklahoma City - Like Washington DC and Alexandria VA

StL, KC, SA, DFW..Which one am I missing? Denver hasn't hosted yet, have they?

Seems to me that the B12 isn't that concerned with the fans being there (only12k txickets per participant).

Besides...About the same $$ to fly to Phoenix or San Diego as it does to San Antonio..so why not open it up to other NFL cities if that's their "big" criteria?

One of the reasons we travel so well is the large number of misplaced Husker fans living away from home in these NFL cities.

I listed the cities in an earlier post. Go read it.

I don't think they'd come close to a sellout in Phoenix or SD most years. That'd be a big mistake.

StL, KC, SA, DFW..Which one am I missing? Denver hasn't hosted yet, have they?

Seems to me that the B12 isn't that concerned with the fans being there (only12k txickets per participant).

Besides...About the same $$ to fly to Phoenix or San Diego as it does to San Antonio..so why not open it up to other NFL cities if that's their "big" criteria?

One of the reasons we travel so well is the large number of misplaced Husker fans living away from home in these NFL cities.

I listed the cities in an earlier post. Go read it.

I don't think they'd come close to a sellout in Phoenix or SD most years. That'd be a big mistake.

Ahh.

Sneaking posts in before mine are ya?

Houston?

Didn't they condem the Astrodome then?

Green Bay or the Metrodome? in Minneapolis are probably closer to half the conference teams than Houston.

You might be right about frequency of selling out out out here ...unless we are in it.

~38,000 Arizonans for Nebraska...~3x? more Californians for Nebraska...

I still remember that rare sellout at Sun Devil in '96 when we got hammered by ASU durring the regular season in front of a sea of Red out here...with a few maroon/yellow streaks.

Why not just have it in New York City while we are discussing arbitrary locations that make no sense?

Makes about as much sense as DFW..er Arlen

I'd vote Hawaii...Imagine the bennefit to recruiting. :)

Never had any interest in visiting NY, but this would make it more worthwhile.

I guess I'd just rather see it bennefit actual college towns than NFL cities..Even if it means going to Austin (and 6th street) or even Ames.

Denver and Oklahoma City would be good places to have them in the future IMO

What is the name and capacity of the largest football stadium on Okie City?

Oklahoma Memorial Stadium with an official capacity of 82112

That's Norman. I dislike OU potentially having a home game more than playing in SA, DFW, or Houston.

Norman is a suburb of Oklahoma City - Like Washington DC and Alexandria VA

I understand that. I don't think it should be on a Big 12 home field. But maybe it'd make it more exciting with more of a college fan crowd.

... I don't think it should be on a Big 12 home field. But maybe it'd make it more exciting with more of a college fan crowd.

Why not?

Maybe have it go to each B-12 team's homefield..alternating North and South..with a back-up location from the same division if one of the host teams are in it.

:dunno

Why not just have it in New York City while we are discussing arbitrary locations that make no sense?

No it doesn't. DFW/Arlington/Houston and KC are solidly in Big 12 country. You don't want these games outside of Big 12 country because the majority of each potential team's fanbase that would attend should be within Big 12 country. There would be a potential to sell less tickets (regardless of the # of insert-state-here for Nebraska fans) and make less money. Venues would most likely have to release more tickets to the respective schools BUT each school's fans would have to incur more travel costs, making them less likely to go. Nebraska has a large fanbase outside the state, yes, but what happens when Missouri/Colorado/Kansas go to the game? Generally these things need to be set up prior to one-to-two weeks before the game. You don't know who it's going to be.

I know what you're saying but it just doesn't make sense whatsoever. From the standpoint of the Big 12, they aren't expecting Nebraska to be the team in the North and Texas/Oklahoma to be the teams in the South every single year, so they shouldn't completely pander to them. It's not fair to the rest of the conference.

... I don't think it should be on a Big 12 home field. But maybe it'd make it more exciting with more of a college fan crowd.

Why not?

Maybe have it go to each B-12 team's homefield..alternating North and South..with a back-up location from the same division if one of the host teams are in it.

I don't think you can move a game potentially the week before it's played. Suppose it was to be in Lincoln but we didn't have it wrapped up until the CU game. Texas fans are on hold trying to figure out where to fly to. And the stadium might be a lot smaller, so you can't even sell all of the tickets until you know for sure where it will be.

I don't see what's broke about it now. All I've seen is flat out wrong assumptions that Texas was allotted more tickets, and that the south had hosted more games than the north. You really need to get the facts straight before you try to fix a problem that may not even exist.

I can see an argument for giving more tickets to the two teams playing. That's not hard to fix. Give them more tickets. It doesn't matter where the game is played.

Why not?

I don't think you can move a game potentially the week before it's played. Suppose it was to be in Lincoln but we didn't have it wrapped up until the CU game. Texas fans are on hold trying to figure out where to fly to. And the stadium might be a lot smaller, so you can't even sell all of the tickets until you know for sure where it will be.

I don't see what's broke about it now. All I've seen is flat out wrong assumptions that Texas was allotted more tickets, and that the south had hosted more games than the north. You really need to get the facts straight before you try to fix a problem that may not even exist.

I can see an argument for giving more tickets to the two teams playing. That's not hard to fix. Give them more tickets. It doesn't matter where the game is played.

Why are you repeating this crap? Both teams were alotted the same amount through their ticket offices. The rest were sold to either regular Dallas ticketholders or ticket dealers. Texas has known they will be playing for a while now and have had more chances to buy tickets through these sites. Also, both divisions have hosted the same amount of games up until next year when the game is in Jerry's house again.

No it doesn't. DFW/Arlington/Houston and KC are solidly in Big 12 country. You don't want these games outside of Big 12 country because the majority of each potential team's fanbase that would attend should be within Big 12 country. There would be a potential to sell less tickets (regardless of the # of insert-state-here for Nebraska fans) and make less money. Venues would most likely have to release more tickets to the respective schools BUT each school's fans would have to incur more travel costs, making them less likely to go. Nebraska has a large fanbase outside the state, yes, but what happens when Missouri/Colorado/Kansas go to the game? Generally these things need to be set up prior to one-to-two weeks before the game. You don't know who it's going to be.

I know what you're saying but it just doesn't make sense whatsoever. From the standpoint of the Big 12, they aren't expecting Nebraska to be the team in the North and Texas/Oklahoma to be the teams in the South every single year, so they shouldn't completely pander to them. It's not fair to the rest of the conference.

For the most part, I agree with you..

Although I google mapped "Big12" and a map of Arizona was the first one that showed up (I'm guessing there's some "history" on my computer at play here..There was also a column on the side asking if I wanted to search for "Big12 buisnesses" around Chandler..(and later, a popup trying to persuade me to hook up with girls from Sun City West..Yikes!..little do they know it's on the other side of Phoenix and is a retirement community..where the average breast size is 42-Long) ). <_<

Although I don't really think of San Antonio or Houston being "Big12 Country" material..Shoot, a few (3 ?) years ago, we got 4 or 5 recruits from the metro Phoenix area and maybe one from Houston..but I imagine most of the other conference teams have some Houston/San Antonio / Gulf Coast area players. :dunno ..

I skipped Geography class, but I remember when I lived in Austin, TX..there was a 20 mile difference between driving to Phoenix to visit my Brother, or driving to Lincoln to visit my Sister...Or having my Sister drive out to Phx from Lincoln..(think equalateral triangle).

As it is..I see WAY too many air haulers (empty pickups) with longhorn/KSU/ATM/OU/Okie State/CU/Baylor/KS/and even Missouri bumper stickers on my way to work every morning.

Why are you repeating this crap? Both teams were alotted the same amount through their ticket offices. The rest were sold to either regular Dallas ticketholders or ticket dealers. Texas has known they will be playing for a while now and have had more chances to buy tickets through these sites. Also, both divisions have hosted the same amount of games up until next year when the game is in Jerry's house again.

Not saying it's broke..And I've learned a few things from this thread..Which is always nice.

But it would be nice if more than the same two states bennefited from the annual (I'm guessing $6-8 Million) payoff.

Imagine the impact it would make to just the Manhattan area scalpers and hotels..if they hosted next weekend.

Although I google mapped "Big12" and a map of Arizona was the first one that showed up (I'm guessing there's some "history" on my computer at play here..There was also a column on the side asking if I wanted to search for "Big12 buisnesses" around Chandler..(and later, a popup trying to persuade me to hook up with girls from Sun City West..Yikes!..little do they know it's on the other side of Phoenix and is a retirement community..where the average breast size is 42-Long) ). <_<

What does that have to do with anything?

Although I don't really think of San Antonio or Houston being "Big12 Country" material..Shoot, a few (3 ?) years ago, we got 4 or 5 recruits from the metro Phoenix area and maybe one from Houston..but I imagine most of the other conference teams have some Houston/San Antonio / Gulf Coast area players. :dunno ..

So just because you don't think of them as being in Big 12 Country that means they aren't? Big 12 Country, as I intended it to be taken, refers to the states in which Big 12 football is played. I didn't realize it would be open for interpretation but I've heard many people refer to other areas as "Big 10" or "SEC" etc ad infinitum "Country."

I skipped Geography class, but I remember when I lived in Austin, TX..there was a 20 mile difference between driving to Phoenix to visit my Brother, or driving to Lincoln to visit my Sister...Or having my Sister drive out to Phx from Lincoln..(think equalateral triangle).

As it is..I see WAY too many air haulers (empty pickups) with longhorn/KSU/ATM/OU/Okie State/CU/Baylor/KS/and even Missouri bumper stickers on my way to work every morning.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with anything, either.