Now that the regular season is over with

Crick on D for the obvious reasons. His stats speak for itself.

Burkhead on O. Even though he missed 5 games this year, I can't remember the last time I heard Husker fans missing a true freshman at any position. While his earlier stats weren't anything groundbreaking, he was productive when we needed him most. He complements Helu wonderfully. Then after his performance at CU, he made a legitimate statement. His future looks bright at NU.

I mentioned in another thread the other day that if Burkhead were to put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle, he could be our future Toby Gerhart.

Nah, just the future Rex Burkhead.

I agree that Crick had an awesome year, but to me, i saw it coming because I knew Suh was gonna reel alot of Double teams and free Crick up play after play. Next year, Crick will do the same for Steinkuhler and so on, so on.

I mentioned in another thread the other day that if Burkhead were to put on about 15-20 pounds of muscle, he could be our future Toby Gerhart.

Nah, just the future Rex Burkhead.

I agree that Crick had an awesome year, but to me, i saw it coming because I knew Suh was gonna reel alot of Double teams and free Crick up play after play. Next year, Crick will do the same for Steinkuhler and so on, so on.

I have high expectations for Steinkuhler next year. The few times he's been in this year, he's done a good job.

I think it is a really good sign for next year when people come up with so many different names rather than all agreeing on just one. I've been surprised with the play of a lot of players. The defense has some future stars on it for sure. I wouldn't even know where to begin, considering our play on D last year. On offense, even Roy Helu (when healthy) surprised me, because he's shown more talent than I personally thought he had. Burkhead is a phenom as a freshman, but coming in with a nickname like "Superman" took away some from the surprise. lol

I'm proud of the way so many have stepped up in a big way.