was anyone really surprised by what just happened?

Yes, It's true that defense wins championships, but when you have no offense whatsoever on the field... It's impossible to win. I get that T.O. is the A.D, but that doesn't mean we have to run the option with a quarterback that runs with no determination. Lee can make a pretty nice pass every 4 attempts, but he is awful, and he better not start another game at NU. The O line is awful and Cotton has to go. Not to mention Cotton's kid who jumped off sides twice tonight and stopped running his route on a possible first down pass. You can't blame our receivers because our qb can't get them the ball. Watson has to be fired along with most of the offensive staff. Did we ever throw a single pass to Mike Mcneil? He is by far our most consistent receiver and we didn't even try to get it to him. Why would we not run any trick plays or something new to our offense. We had nothing to lose in this game and were obviously playing a team with more skill. I don't care how good our defense is... our Offense has to take some risks to win. We didn't deserve to win this game because we played to keep it close(and not to win) which isn't how football should be played. I can't take much more of being let down by Nebraska in close games because our offense can't gain 10 yards!

Yes, It's true that defense wins championships, but when you have no offense whatsoever on the field... It's impossible to win. I get that T.O. is the A.D, but that doesn't mean we have to run the option with a quarterback that runs with no determination. Lee can make a pretty nice pass every 4 attempts, but he is awful, and he better not start another game at NU. The O line is awful and Cotton has to go. Not to mention Cotton's kid who jumped off sides twice tonight and stopped running his route on a possible first down pass. You can't blame our receivers because our qb can't get them the ball. Watson has to be fired along with most of the offensive staff. Did we ever throw a single pass to Mike Mcneil? He is by far our most consistent receiver and we didn't even try to get it to him. Why would we not run any trick plays or something new to our offense. We had nothing to lose in this game and were obviously playing a team with more skill. I don't care how good our defense is... our Offense has to take some risks to win. We didn't deserve to win this game because we played to keep it close(and not to win) which isn't how football should be played. I can't take much more of being let down by Nebraska in close games because our offense can't gain 10 yards!

Worst performance by a college offense in history. No wonder they lost to Iowa State. No wonder they lost to Virginia Tech. No wonder they lost to Texas Tech. No wonder they lost to Texas. They will always have a crap offense as long as they have a crappy coach like Watson. End of story. Texas wins the championship again. Surprised? Are you kidding?

I can't believe I am about to say this, but, maybe we needed to lose this heart breaker. What I mean is, Bo really needs to wake up and do something about our offense. I love our D and don't see any reason not to believe that it will always be VERY good under Bo. Yet he really needs to realize that defense isn't everything. If we had even a halfway decent O we would have steam rolled the Longhorns. Hopfully this is a HUGE wake up call to Bo to take charge of the O and make some changes, starting with Watson. Some have said that Watson isn't half bad, look at last years O. Well, maybe some of those players made Watson look better than he deserved.

I watched a game where Ricky Henry got schooled on a block that led to a 2 yard loss on a screen to Burkhead with the left slde of the field open for a gain. Total team loss. Special teams and D at the end wins the game. Offense with 1st and goal at the 10 wins the game. Kinne 4 inches closer wins the game. 12 inches left on the final kick and the UT kicker misses. Sack at the end and time runs out.

Game of inches. UT beats us at the end by <3 almost every time. Don't know why. KSU scores on them at will and beats them half the time. We loose by little almost every time.

Bottom line, Mack Brown sucks. UT should have 5 national championships this decade with their talent.

NU needs to get better on the line and need a difference maker at QB.

I'm guessing that most of you are thinking the same thing that I am. What a waste of a perfectly good and dominating F'n Defense......

Wasn't surprised by the end as I thought that we would get beat by 3 or 4 TD's. The defense and special teams stepped up, yet the offense couldn't do $hit.

Nine win season, Big 12 game, yet it still sux!!!

When you have a qb by default that's only competition was a overhyped freshman, well we saw all year what that ended up as. You can blame it on the o line or the receivers or whatever. But when you have a pathetic qb everything looks bad. Just manage the offense? Compared to previous Husker qbs..... Zach Lee is terrible. He wouldn't be the starter at UNK or UNO. Nobody we faced respected him. He can't run and he can't throw.

When you have a qb by default that's only competition was a overhyped freshman, well we saw all year what that ended up as. You can blame it on the o line or the receivers or whatever. But when you have a pathetic qb everything looks bad. Just manage the offense? Compared to previous Husker qbs..... Zach Lee is terrible. He wouldn't be the starter at UNK or UNO. Nobody we faced respected him. He can't run and he can't throw.

Actually, it's kind of the opposite. Zac Lee is not a great quarterback, he's made plenty of mistakes, had plenty of bad runs, bad throws and poor decisions, but honestly the inconsistent play in all other areas has made him look worse than he is (just as his bad play has aided other positions in looking bad).

Our line is generally not creating a decent pocket or opening up throwing or running lanes; our receivers, when they can get open and Lee has time (which isn't all that often) quite often drop the ball; NU's running backs are good, but any yards they gain are typically due to their own heroics and not open running lanes. If it was just a QB issue, Cody Green should have shined when he started earlier in the season - he didn't. In fact, outside of a few long runs and one very nice pass, he was worse than Zac. The truth is, as was quoted to me earlier tonight, NU's offense is just plain broken right now.

Our special teams and defense have been our lifeblood for a reason - the only consistent thing about this offense is it's inconsistency - there's not one go to guy (a la Swift or Petersen) that we can count on to make a play every time. We have a lot of guys who have the ability to bust a big play every now and then, but who fail to make the smaller bread and butter plays time after time after time.

It's not Lee's fault or Helu's fault or Paul's fault or Hickman's fault or Watson's fault, it's the fault of the whole offense; to put the blame on any one person just doesn't make sense when everyone at every position has got a hand in the performance of our offense.