Doesn't mean much, but congrats on a great game

Your defense truly played inspired football. SUH is a freak of nature. I've never seen a defensive player influence a game as much as he did. We have a single playmaker in on D named Von Miller who is an absolute terror (he is leading the NCAA with 17 sacks right now) but even he has never put together the combination of pass rush and brick wall rushing defense that SUH did. And hats off to the rest of the defense as well. They manned up on the Texas guys all game long, didn't miss tackles, and probably ensured that Colt doesn't win the Heisman. Literally, in all my years of watching football, I've never seen a defense play so darn hard. The fact that they did it for 59:58 minutes (the horse collar tackle was really their only flub all game) was insane, especially given that they got almost 0 help from the offense.

On that note, we sure know the feeling, though it was 360 for us. Walking out of the stadium after a 49-39 loss, pretty much everybody was saying "Dammit if we could just field a top 60 defense and make our tackles after contact, we would have won this game running away." And for you guys it was "Dammit if we could just field a halfway decent offense, we would have won this running away." It's frustrating as anything to see an awesome effort by one squad end up for naught because the other unit couldn't do jack.

Regardless, Pelini seems to be doing a pretty good job. Yall are 9-4 with a very decent shot at a double digit win season and that's not too bad for a 2nd year coach who was hired to do a good bit of rebuilding on his way to restoring the program to glory. It doesn't make the losses hurt any less, especially ones like this in which you had them on the ropes, but as an outsider looking at it without any bias, yall are doing pretty well under Pelini (but it does appear that you need another offensive coordinator).

Best of luck in your bowl game. I'll sure as heck be watching.

Thanks for the kind words, and feel free to come back anytime. Between the Aggies and Huskers, I'm sure that we sure gave Alabama a lot of good schemes. I was really surprised with how your team improved this year. Living in WI, I got to see Sherman a lot, and frankly I didn't think Sherman had it in him! Perhaps he found his niche in the college ranks. Good luck next year!