Next Commit?

1 more   -   with the addition of of the 2 linemen earlier  what will this do to the mix of players that they target for this year?

Experts help appreciated!!!!!!

:cheers

We will still go after the same guys we went after. Remember that the 1 guy who just joined the team is a JUCO, so he wont be here all 4 years. Keep in mind we also lose several offensive lineman this year like Brandon Koch, Seppo Evwaraye, Cornealius Thomas, and Gary Pike. The only leaves Brock Pasteur (Juco), Jordan Picou (JUCO) , Newton Lingenfelter (hasn't played a down in his college career and will probably never see the field), Greg Austin (in my opinion, he goes pro after this year), Adam Gibson (see Newton Lingenfelter), Kurt Mann (may or may not stick around for his senior season), Andy Chrisitiansen (guy i am excited about), Mike Huff (will eventually be a backup next season as a junior), Craig Roark, Matt Slauson, and Rodney Picou.

It may look like to some people like we have depth for this year (which we do), but after this year, we will be somewhat thin if we do not look ahead to 2007 and 2008

question - could some of these kids verbal and the staff has told them to wait until there visit in hopes of landig a 'bigger fish' at their respective position?

No, i do not believe that's the coaches philosophy. NU could have done that with Beck last year in hopes of landing Sanchez (which they had a big shot at) but decided to go with a guy who WANTS to be here, not someone who may or may not commit to you. If you are going to go fishing, you take home what you catch, not throw it back in the water and hope something bigger comes along

question - could some of these kids verbal and the staff has told them to wait until there visit in hopes of landig a 'bigger fish' at their respective position?

Coaches do have some big nads doing this, but I think it assures them of getting guys they want and they can make it very clear to the recruit that you are not going to take anymore visits.