No fans allowed on the field after...

i am ok with the new policy of no fans allowed on the field after the game is over, but i am wondering how they will handle a huge win or upset and the fans storm the field to take down the goal posts?...come to think of it, i can't remember the last time that happened at Memorial stadium?? anyone??

hunter

but i am wondering how they will handle a huge win or upset and the fans storm the field to take down the goal posts?...come to think of it, i can't remember the last time that happened at Memorial stadium?? anyone??

1995 vs OU. 35-0 win but it was the last Big 8 game ever. the fans did "storm the field to take down the goal posts". however, the posts never came down- they had 'em swaying though. apparently they had just installed take-down proof posts and they held up.

While i agree with the 'we should never take them down b/c we should expect to win' mentality. if fans went for the posts in 93 and 95 after beating OU even when we certainly expected wins in those games- what would be wrong with taking them down (or at least trying to) should the Huskers beat OU this year?

and also maybe the next time we beat Texass in Memorial Stadium.