Congress again looking at College Playoffs

HuskerTrucker

i dont like playoff, and here is what it boils down to. you could end up with say, a 2 loss regular season team going on a run and winning it all (depending on how things were set up it could be worse, like 4 loss). meanwhile an undefeated regular season team loses in the first round. I know, I know, if you lose you lose, blah blah blah. But you think it wouldn't end up like the pros where teams with locks take games off?

I just don't see an easy way around it. Even if you do a +1 game this year it doesn't necessarily settle anything. BC what if the games had been swapped?

No one ever seems to complain about the the playoffs in all the other sports

I do. It's part of the reason I don't get into pro or any other sports. I hated all this talk about taking the colorado game off this year. You know it'll happen in the future with a playoff. Team has conference wrapped up....look at this year. If texass didn't need to be undefeated to still have a #1 seed they might have just dropped the A&M game. What an huge joke for a rivalry game!

i dont like playoff, and here is what it boils down to. you could end up with say, a 2 loss regular season team going on a run and winning it all (depending on how things were set up it could be worse, like 4 loss). meanwhile an undefeated regular season team loses in the first round. I know, I know, if you lose you lose, blah blah blah. But you think it wouldn't end up like the pros where teams with locks take games off?

I just don't see an easy way around it. Even if you do a +1 game this year it doesn't necessarily settle anything. BC what if the games had been swapped?

I do. It's part of the reason I don't get into pro or any other sports. I hated all this talk about taking the colorado game off this year. You know it'll happen in the future with a playoff. Team has conference wrapped up....look at this year. If texass didn't need to be undefeated to still have a #1 seed they might have just dropped the A&M game. What an huge joke for a rivalry game!

That's why I think you still play the conference championship games. For example...Nebraska and Texas have North and South wrapped up, both with one game left. Both possibly in contention for a "wild card." They're not gonna take a game off with the risk of losing the CCG and not getting the playoff spot. I think you let voters decide the wild card spots like the NCAA Tournament Committee decides at large bids for the basketball tourney. But if you're the "first team out" you're gonna have your argument. Chances are though that the "first team out" doesn't really have a legitimate shot at winning the title.

This year there's probably around 10 teams with a "legit" shot at winning it all if there was a playoff. If you put 16 teams in the playoffs, it's hard to argue that the national champion isn't somewhere in that 16.

But like I said I can't really think of a system that would make everyone happy. The way it is now though is effed.

Wait!

There's other sports?