Stadium Food

Which one would you rather have?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give me a Runza anyday over a hot dog. And just keep Val's away. That is one pizza that I can't stand. (don't shoot me now for saying that).

eh, I'll eat Vals, but it isn't my favorite. That's not saying much because I am not the pickiest of eaters :)

Having grown up on my grandmother's homemade "Runzas," the re-heated soggy ones at the stadium just don't do it for me!

A Fairbury Brand Hotdog, however, is something that actually gets better with time! Wrapped up in the foil on gameday, the steam and juices from the red weiner soak into the bun, and allow the flavors to mature and mingle. A splash of mustard accents the delectable tubular meat. In addition, the Fairbury Brand Hotdog is ultra portable, and much less messy!

Now I'm hungry...

My sentiments exactly. Runzas aren't very good because there soggy, but at home I have tried to cook those damn hot dogs like the stadium and can't do it.

I love the Fairbury Dogs.

Never did like Runza sandwhiches or overstuffed sandwhiches, whatever they call it now.

I do love Runza's burgers, however. :worship

Yeah, I don't know why they changed the name of their signature food??

I LOVE the Italian Runza. The swiss cheese mushroom burger is perhaps the best burger I've ever had. I also love their onion rings.

And down the stretch they come!! Its Runza & the Fair-Dog neck and neck, who's it gonna be?!!!!! What an epic battle this has turned out to be!

Its just too bad that whoever loses this race will be sent to the wood chipper and end up in the next batch of fairbury dogs.... :( With that in mind, my nod goes to the almighty bread pocket of meat & cabbage!! :worship

Talk about being unfocused...I didn't give my preference...Without a doubt it is the stadium Runza.

The dog comes in handy and, back in the day, the lawyer from Gothenburg (Steve ???) used to toss em to me and I'd put my money in the wrapper and toss it back to him. (That couldn't happen anywhere else, someone would take the money and run. In Nebraska, we would all chase the thug down like an OU tailback and dogpile 'em like only the Blackshirts could!)

We even have a gameday tradition here in the Southwest, carried over from watching and listening to the games when we couldn't attend. We check the gameday temperature in Lincoln, and if it's below 45, my lovely wife makes her soupy chili and I make the beans and peppers for my special addition. Over 45 we usually make Runzas the morning of and enjoy them like we are at the stadium...We get a good 4 1/2 hours of Husker radio out here courtesy of Al Mackowitz and crew...

Kind of miss every game being televised like it seems to be back home in Nebraska.

:wtf

I hate the weather though, so being out in our sutry 60 to 80 degree temp in the fall ain't that bad...almost (I said ALMOST) beats sitting in the north end zone, freezing one's buttocks off during a Kansas game or Colorado contest.

Man I need to get back for a game bad...Haven't been since Colorado State back in the late 90s.

:cry

Well that's enough verbiage for now,

Off to 100 degrees of sweltering car,

Huskereb

keep talkin about runzas, vals, hot dogs and ill have to change my keyboard :lol:

everytime i get back to lincoln i get vals, runzas, dont freak tastees and onion chips. \

OLD SCHOOL BABY

I have heard there is a better place than Vals now next time ill try it lazzari's???

I don't like Val's pizza at all. If I go to the buffet I eat everything but the pizza.

But Val's is a great pizza, if you ask my wife...she's a born and bred Nebraskan. I still hanker for a Chicago style pie, but haven't found one worthy here in Vegas as of yet...terrible isn't it, four years in a city and I can't find a decent pie...but I am looking.

By the way, I concur on the Val's buffet...the salad and pasta meet my needs just fine...

laters,

HReb