Stadium Food

Which one would you rather have?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Runza. no question. though i've had bad luck with them running out of those things by halftime. a couple other random folks and i went clear around the stadium in search for a vendor with Runzas but everyone was out of 'em.

FWIW Jake: http://runza.com/whatzarunza.htm

we actually had a few Nebraskans in western Colorado looking into putting a franchise out here and had quite a few people interested... but alas "Restaurant locations within a defined territory encompassing a 400-mile radius of Lincoln"

whatever. (inconsiderate bastards)

they have one in Fort Collins (at least the last time i was there). how far is that from lincoln anyway?

oh well. they're not that hard to make in a home kitchen. maybe pilsbury crescent dough for the bread. a little spice with the cabbage and hamburger and shove it in the oven. not exactly the same but close enough.

Im not real big on Vals either. Curious about the people in hear that are so fond of Vals are you mostly native Nebraskans? No offense intended, just think that its maybe b/c its what you grew up on, and memories breed fondness. The only thing I can really say about their pie is that it defintley has a distinct taste, which I think is b/c of the sauce. That is why I believe it sticks out to so many people.

Im not real big on Vals either. Curious about the people in hear that are so fond of Vals are you mostly native Nebraskans? No offense intended, just think that its maybe b/c its what you grew up on, and memories breed fondness. The only thing I can really say about their pie is that it defintley has a distinct taste, which I think is b/c of the sauce. That is why I believe it sticks out to so many people.

I am native (Scribner) Nebraskan and love Val's!

My wife is, believe it or not, from the island of Bermuda. She loves Val's more than I do.

Give me the Runza everytime :horns2

You can buy the Fairbury dogs at the store and do them at home anytime. Besides I much rather prefer the Wimmer Natural Casing dog from West Point. Now, if those were featured at the stadium I would have to get one of each(Runza and a dog). Damn, this talk is making me hungry. I think I'll slide down to the neighborhood Runza for dinner :clap

Ok, I'd die for Vals ... but ... Zio's, in Omaha, is REALLY good too.

Yes, Zio's does rock. Although it is a different style of pizza.

Zio's is ok. They have a decent lunch deal at the Old Market location, 2 pieces and a pop for under $5. I like Bernies... it's a whole in the wall in Millard.

It's sad, when I get dragged to the Val's "Grand Buffet", I eat the tacos. ;)

It's sad, when I get dragged to the Val's "Grand Buffet", I eat the tacos. ;)

Dude, thats heresy. I'd kill for some Val's pizza and lasange about now.

:box

Can't say I've had the lasagna. The pizza tastes better when it's been sitting out for about an hour or so. Someone also mentioned Big Fred's. That place used to be good, but it seems like their pizza has gone way downhill.