An Extremely Enjoyable Heisman Race

Trendon

This was the most enjoyable Heisman race. For one, while I think Gerhart or Suh are MORE deserving, I don't think that Ingram is not deserving. The Heisman Trophy, even as it has become a bit misguided in its choices, is still an awesome award with an outstanding group of players that have, for at least in my 30 years, have entertained the hell out of me.

Even further, it was enjoyable to watch five athletes that are basically goddamn superheroes with their X-Men-like natural talents also show such personalities. All are well-spoken and all are intelligent, showing that, for once, this whole college thing isn't entirely lost on them.

Watching how grateful Ingram was in winning the Heisman made it very enjoyable to watch. On a side note.....They seriously need to cut Billy Simms off from the bar about 4 hours prior to the ceremony. Last year he kept yelling "Boomer Sooner" 50 times when Bradford one it, and now this year he was slobbering something else.

:laughpound

I just find it extremely weird that no media outlet whatsoever ran with the the story that Mark Ingram, Jr. is the son of Mark Ingram, Sr., a WR for the Super Bowl champion NY Giants of 1991. I would have thought I'd have heard that from at least one news outlet during all of this media coverage.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Dec 12 2009, 11:19 PM) 542273[/snapback]

I just find it extremely weird that no media outlet whatsoever ran with the the story that Mark Ingram, Jr. is the son of Mark Ingram, Sr., a WR for the Super Bowl champion NY Giants of 1991. I would have thought I'd have heard that from at least one news outlet during all of this media coverage.

They briefly touched on it in the local NY media, but it's also a touchy subject since his Dad is sitting in prison right now.

Ya i think they really need to think up some other way to decide this award......maybe i computer system would help.......wait mayber not.

however i would like to say that after watching Ingram's acceptance speech i dont mind seeing him win it

I still beleive Suh or Gerhart deserved it more however

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Dec 12 2009, 11:19 PM) 542273[/snapback]

They briefly touched on it in the local NY media, but it's also a touchy subject since his Dad is sitting in prison right now.

How can someone go from 1st round draft pick to the Superbowl and then get pinched for robbery? :dunno These NFL players get millions of dollars thrown at them and somehow they pi$$ it all away.

Really one thing I want to see next year is for the Heisman people to either not send out the ballots until all the games are done, or they don't accept any votes until Sunday afternoon after the conference championships if they do send the ballots early.

They also need to look at who the votes are going to and try to get some kind of standard going so that every player has a possibility of winning instead of just the QB/RB of the #1 team.

Really one thing I want to see next year is for the Heisman people to either not send out the ballots until all the games are done, or they don't accept any votes until Sunday afternoon after the conference championships if they do send the ballots early.

They also need to look at who the votes are going to and try to get some kind of standard going so that every player has a possibility of winning instead of just the QB/RB of the #1 team.

They did away with ballot voting last year. Every Heisman voter gets a code number to input on a special website where they do their voting.

You get a sample ballot in the mail usually the week before Thanksgiving with all the info on it.

Watching how grateful Ingram was in winning the Heisman made it very enjoyable to watch. On a side note.....They seriously need to cut Billy Simms off from the bar about 4 hours prior to the ceremony. Last year he kept yelling "Boomer Sooner" 50 times when Bradford won it, and now this year he was slobbering something else.

Don't forget the crayon BOOMER!! sign he pulled out of his jacket. :facepalm:

Watching how grateful Ingram was in winning the Heisman made it very enjoyable to watch. On a side note.....They seriously need to cut Billy Simms off from the bar about 4 hours prior to the ceremony. Last year he kept yelling "Boomer Sooner" 50 times when Bradford won it, and now this year he was slobbering something else.

Yeah, but he drew that all by himself without help..... :)

I'm happy for Turner as well. Wished it wasn't a team a team a team in the Big 12 however.

Yeah, but he drew that all by himself without help..... :)

I saw that too and it was classless.

They did away with ballot voting last year. Every Heisman voter gets a code number to input on a special website where they do their voting.

You get a sample ballot in the mail usually the week before Thanksgiving with all the info on it.

The Touchdown Club should award two trophies. One for offense and one for defense. I know there are other defense trophies and awards but no one remembers who won them. They remember the Heisman. I am surprised ESPN hasn't bullied them into doing this yet.